MG4 Software Update Thread

Just had R59 installed by the dealer and cruise control still goes in 5 mph jumps with a single press. I really hoped it would be changed to 1 mph like my old Suzuki Swift
Insane....

This comes with an ACC update, not with Infotainment. Complaining about poor ACC performance (hesitant, phantom braking, not working on corners) got me this update and now the system works brilliantly (as it should have done first time!).
What do you relate to 'hesitant'?

Just had R59 installed by the dealer and cruise control still goes in 5 mph jumps with a single press. I really hoped it would be changed to 1 mph like my old Suzuki Swift
That is odd. Mine got the service campaign updates which MG automatically install but no infotainment update (still on R33 and happy with it) . But mine now has the 1mph increments so the campaign updates must include this so I am surprised you haven't got that.

What do you relate to 'hesitant'?
Slow to react when the gap to the car ahead increases, jerky sometimes.

All went away with the update. It isn't perfect now - occasionally there's something it doesn't like about a given road or circumstance - but it is 95% there and I use it a lot whereas I had to stop using it at all before.

Can someone try typing
Code:
#*#0112*#*
on the phone keypad.

1715316949116.png

We all know about 4479 from the manual, but this popped up in the code and i'm keen to see if it does anything

Last edited:
Mine isn't slowing down on bends now, but it's still refusing to pass parked cars even though the gap is fine, unless it's following another car. Except, if there are cars parked on BOTH sides of the road, it often goes through. Weird.

Slow to react when the gap to the car ahead increases, jerky sometimes.

All went away with the update. It isn't perfect now - occasionally there's something it doesn't like about a given road or circumstance - but it is 95% there and I use it a lot whereas I had to stop using it at all before.
The version I have still responds like hesitantly, but it happens in two occasions.
One is in slow traffic or traffic jams where the distance to the car in front has decreased to less than the distance set (smallest). It looks like it wants to create a gap.

The worst hone is the second, when it keeps reducing speed when overtaking a slower car (mostly trucks) at usual highway speeds, even when the indicator is on and I'm in the other lane already. It can drop from 100 all the way down to 89 kmh. Caused middle fingers of drivers behind me....
Here, a standard line between lanes on a highway is 3 mtrs long. Distance between them is 9 mtrs. Usually, I count four, occasionally 3 ahead of me before I put the indicator on. That makes at least 36 mtrs before I start the overtake!

Question is whether it is a lazy hesitant system, or a biased response to the right side of the car. Maybe it is both but the bias evidence is quite strong. There is another occasion where it happens: on a 80 kmh road with traffic lights. All traffic lights are on green, me approaching the junction with 80 kmh. Cars in the right lane going for the right turn are very slow. When I approach them from behind in the lane to the left of them (going straight ahead) the car starts to break as well. That has caused a very near collision with the car behind me because nobody expects this (all lights green effect).
Disabling ACC solves it. It happens irrespective Lane Assist or Front Collision Assist (whatever mode).

Mine isn't slowing down on bends now, but it's still refusing to pass parked cars even though the gap is fine, unless it's following another car. Except, if there are cars parked on BOTH sides of the road, it often goes through. Weird.
With refusing you mean it slams the brakes, or just drops in speed? Or does the car prevent you to cross the lane markers to overtake the parked car?

Finally after a year of back & forth to 3 different dealers three irritating problems fixed, garage said today that they updated 9 modules. Now scheduled charging , HVAC & a frozen driver display screen fixed .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_133109_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_133109_Photos.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 51
Finally after a year of back & forth to 3 different dealers three irritating problems fixed, garage said today that they updated 9 modules. Now scheduled charging , HVAC & a frozen driver display screen fixed .
What was wrong with your hvac? Was it the temperature issue where you had to add 5 degrees? If so I’ll go get mine done.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back