MG4 Software Update Thread

That's not really the issue - the issue is LKA inventing its own lanes ... you can be following the actual lane but LKA may "see" something different and try to keep you in the "lane it sees"; which might be the lane for oncoming traffic.
Yes - if it worked well there wouldn’t be an issue.

That's not really the issue - the issue is LKA inventing its own lanes ... you can be following the actual lane but LKA may "see" something different and try to keep you in the "lane it sees"; which might be the lane for oncoming traffic.
I decided to leave mine on default this morning, just for the lols and to see what happened. It didn’t cut in once on my 24 mile trip. I did notice though that it wasn’t “seeing“ the lines on the road very often. Does it use cameras for this anyone know? My cameras are not very dirty. Perhaps they have just turned the sensitivity down so much and that’s why, maybe another “fudge” to get round an issue….

It uses a combination of front radar (below the number plate) and the front windscreen camera (the triangle section behind the rear view mirror) for many of the MG Pilot features. That's why if the triangle section gets blocked (e.g. frost) then the car disables (with warnings) a lot of the Pilot features as it uses both sensors for correlation.

It uses a combination of front radar (below the number plate) and the front windscreen camera (the triangle section behind the rear view mirror) for many of the MG Pilot features. That's why if the triangle section gets blocked (e.g. frost) then the car disables (with warnings) a lot of the Pilot features as it uses both sensors for correlation.
Yes, I was told that my update affected the radar and windscreen camera. It was part of their attempt to stop my auto-lights coming on most of the time regardless of how bright or dark it is (although I think there is also a sensor on the top of the dashboard for that). It hasn't fixed the lights but LKA seems ok.

While in today to have my undertray fit and oil breather done, they had a look at the car as I've had an intermittent fault with the auto hold saying it faulty, while in they've updated:

Body control module
ABS module
Braking module

It appears to have improved the accuracy of readout from the mi/kWh where as before it would always start at 2.0 and creep up it started at 4.2 and moved about quite alot and then settled as more distance was travelled.

While in today to have my undertray fit and oil breather done, they had a look at the car as I've had an intermittent fault with the auto hold saying it faulty, while in they've updated:

Body control module
ABS module
Braking module

It appears to have improved the accuracy of readout from the mi/kWh where as before it would always start at 2.0 and creep up it started at 4.2 and moved about quite alot and then settled as more distance was travelled.
The tray, breather and software didn’t take long then? Did you wait for it?

The tray, breather and software didn’t take long then? Did you wait for it?
Yeah waited started at 8:30AM I was away at 11:20AM only thing I didn't get was the free car wash as I said ill just get it dirty again before end of today 😂

Also worth mentioning I am now the proud owner of a double bulge, as its the original undertray design not the redesigned / reworked one 😂

Apparently so, they removed all the electronic systems to save Money, the car is no less safe physically. NCAP hammered them for it it seems.
NCAP "move the goalposts" every 2 years, requiring more & more safety tech to get stars.
They also only test the base-spec car, on the grounds that safety shouldn't be optional.
The Zoe would've got 1 star if Renault hadn't downgraded the side airbags from "Head & Torso" to "Torso only".

In quandary, car arrived at dealership last Thursday 5 Jan. Received V5C in my name. Got insurance done. Now, over a week later, sat on ramp waiting for all the updates.
Dealer says his hands are tied as MG are controlling software, While the shipping was delayed I did not expect or understand this extra delay. How long do I need to wait before rejecting the car?

In quandary, car arrived at dealership last Thursday 5 Jan. Received V5C in my name. Got insurance done. Now, over a week later, sat on ramp waiting for all the updates.
Dealer says his hands are tied as MG are controlling software, While the shipping was delayed I did not expect or understand this extra delay. How long do I need to wait before rejecting the car?
Have you actually accepted the car yet?

If you haven’t accepted it then you have nothing to reject. I am surprised that the car has been registered to you, as dealers usually want payment before they do this, just in case you can’t pay for any reason.
You need to decide if the car is worth waiting for. You can set a deadline and ask for some compensation for the delays, but if you no longer want it then I would be up front and walk away now, get your deposit back and move on.

If you haven’t accepted it then you have nothing to reject. I am surprised that the car has been registered to you, as dealers usually want payment before they do this, just in case you can’t pay for any reason.
You need to decide if the car is worth waiting for. You can set a deadline and ask for some compensation for the delays, but if you no longer want it then I would be up front and walk away now, get your deposit back and move on.
Thanks

Why do you want to reject it? Is it just the delay? I appreciate your frustration, its surely better all updates are done first, especially if you aren't actually paying for it yet.
Better now than when you've paid/ are paying for it then going without it

Why do you want to reject it? Is it just the delay? I appreciate your frustration, its surely better all updates are done first, especially if you aren't actually paying for it yet.
Better now than when you've paid/ are paying for it then going without it
You are probably right - just need to sit on my hands and wait it out.

Messed up there I had one right for the picking and convinced him to stay with the MG4 🤬
Leni16 your faith in MG4 has no bounds… Just got a call from my dealer- car is ready and you can collect tomorrow - all updates done! So apart from spraying the road with oil, scraping a speed bump with my bulging undertray and being locked in the car I should be home tomorrow with a shiny new addition to the family.

I had the new recall applied to the car on Tuesday and have several odd things since. Today, after turning a corner, the radio switched on. It happens repeatedly if I mute the radio and then turn a corner. It does not appear to be the indicator alone that triggers it.

Yesterday the screen was 1 inch to the left and then kept flickering back to the normal position then back to 1 inch scrolled to the left.

The reversing camera also switched off while reversing.....I have since reset the system and will see what happens!

Anyone else had issues?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel