MG4 Software Update Thread

I just recieved my MG4 Standard by the end of 2022 here in Germany. I love it, but the lane assist is super erratic and therefore dangerous. I had used lane assist in other cars, it worked well, I did not feel patronized. I would not seek to shut it off, if it worked reasonably. But THIS is not tolerable. I am really afraid, me or my wife might not be able to yank back the steering in time to aviod a crash.
I will complain to my dealership and - assuming this won´t help - to MG as well.
I can only hope more people will complain until MG finally does something.

Does anyone have more experiance with complaining about this?

I just recieved my MG4 Standard by the end of 2022 here in Germany. I love it, but the lane assist is super erratic and therefore dangerous. I had used lane assist in other cars, it worked well, I did not feel patronized. I would not seek to shut it off, if it worked reasonably. But THIS is not tolerable. I am really afraid, me or my wife might not be able to yank back the steering in time to aviod a crash.
I will complain to my dealership and - assuming this won´t help - to MG as well.
I can only hope more people will complain until MG finally does something.

Does anyone have more experiance with complaining about this?
Partial covering of the sensor (e.g. with a small sticker) in the upper area of the windscreen (near the rear-view mirror) makes it tolerable.
ACC still works for me, the annoying assistant systems are quiet.

This ist my personal solution till the garage fix it by updating the system software.

Partial covering of the sensor (e.g. with a small sticker) in the upper area of the windscreen (near the rear-view mirror) makes it tolerable.

This ist my personal solution till the garage fix it by updating the system software.
I like the cover solution (not as much as I would like the software to be fixed, but still). Will this interfere with the automatic headlights? Did you use a translucent / blurry sticker, or a black one? Could you post a picture?

The software is perfect in the car... Definitely 87C inside my MG4 in Tropical Doncaster 😂
1000003253.png

You mean cover the camera ? Can you take a picture of how you have covered it ? ( was thinking sliding a card in front of it from inside the car, but this no doubt bring up numberous system faults ?? )

Will this interfere with the automatic headlights? Did you use a translucent / blurry sticker, or a black one? Could you post a picture?
Yes, sadly the automatic headlights get worse - but thats something I can live with.

The Sticker I'm using is withe and partial translucent.
(It's an Apple Sticker from an iPhone / Not tested but i guess an Android sitcker would also Work ;-)
Due to its color (my mg4 is white) and size it is quite inconspicuous

If you cover 2 much the Car beeps 4 not available assistants - so U may need more than 1 attempt 2 find out the best working (it's a compromise) position...

You mean cover the camera ? Can you take a picture of how you have covered it ? ( was thinking sliding a card in front of it from inside the car, but this no doubt bring up numberous system faults ??

You'll get system faults If you cover 2 much...

The software is perfect in the car... Definitely 87C inside my MG4 in Tropical Doncaster 😂
Only 7% battery left - probably due to the sauna operation. ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121-074631~2.png
    Screenshot_20230121-074631~2.png
    909.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_20230121-074631~2.png
    Screenshot_20230121-074631~2.png
    909.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
It's poor the things some people are having to do to make a brand new car tolerable

This might be the reason why the heater in some cars has to be turned up a lot to get some decent heat out of them. My interior temperature is never correct. Right now it shows 16°C with the car parked over night outdoors where it is -3°C.

Last edited:
This might be the reason why the heater in some cars has to be turned up a lot to get some decent heat out of it. My interior temperature is never correct. Right now it shows 16°C with the car parked over night outdoors where it is -3°C.
No need to put the heating on really, save energy. 😃

I've coverd my Cam with an apple sticker
Ahh, didn't register that. I'm busy looking for latest iOS or MG iSmart updates and couldn't find 'em. I'm off to take my medication.

I've coverd my Cam with an apple sticker

Update:
the sticker is a pragmatic approach to "calm down" the annoying LKA or ELK, not a final (Software) solution
You mean Apple didn’t get involved and sort out the software?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back