MG4 Software Update Thread

Just had a call from my MG dealer. They tell me that there have been some more updates since I got my car upgraded to R33.. (I've still got the bluetooth pairing issue) They're going to book me in once they've finially got my replacement door handle and painted it.

Perhaps it's R33.2? Or maybe something even newer... Maybe by then we'll be on R34 or something!

I assume no one else has anything above R33 on a Trophy yet?
I have not heard of anyone above R33

Yeah, but the point is that MG always said on their website and commercials, and still do, the infotainment will be updated over the air. We have that useless "update" button, they should release the updates there. I can't drive 100 miles to the dealer for those "tablet update" because of few annoying bugs

Yeah, but the point is that MG always said on their website and commercials, and still do, the infotainment will be updated over the air. We have that useless "update" button, they should release the updates there. I can't drive 100 miles to the dealer for those "tablet update" because of few annoying bugs
Given how often the updates go wrong at the dealer, the last thing I want is over the air updates rendering my car undriveable.

Given how often the updates go wrong at the dealer, the last thing I want is over the air updates rendering my car undriveable.
Especially considering the updates go wrong when someone starts the car by sitting in the driver's seat.

And I imagine most people would be sat in it while trying to update

Especially considering the updates go wrong when someone starts the car by sitting in the driver's seat.

And I imagine most people would be sat in it while trying to update
Quite.

I hope they do get there eventually but they seem years away from the technical reliability necessary to make that work well.

I got my car updated today ... no update to the Infotainment system, so still 1100R13 for me.

The updates were:

BCM AS-22-TB061
FVCM AS-22-TB059
BCM update is the locking in update which is odd
FVCM is forward vehicle collision mitigation module.

No CCU update then that I got a recall, call about

I bit the bullet and booked the car in for the lock in update. Dropped it off late yesterday and picked it up early this afternoon. I booked it in for other issues as well, passenger door button not working, whistling noise from rear between 35-45 mph (itwasn’t my spoiler, I tightened it myself) and an issue where the DAB takes forever to come on. I park underground at work with no reception. When I leave work, I can go from Glasgow to Paisley, 20 mins home and the DAB still isn’t on, the only station I get is talksport. FM works fine, android auto music work fine.

No paperwork given, but was advised it had two software updates and an informant update. New door button on order, will contact me when it arrives. Informant still show R33, I’m off till Sunday, so can’t test the DAB till then. Whistling noise, they heard it and notified MG to be advised that MG are aware and working on it but don‘t know what it is.

The best bit…… my LKA stay off!! :D

BCM update is the locking in update which is odd
FVCM is forward vehicle collision mitigation module.

No CCU update then that I got a recall, call about
No - the locking in update was AS-22-RC008; I had that done in January. I've no idea what this BCM update related to. 🤷‍♂️

I got my car updated today ... no update to the Infotainment system, so still 1100R13 for me.

The updates were:

BCM AS-22-TB061
FVCM AS-22-TB059
Wonder are they keeping SE’s infotainment on R13 as a result of the outside temp issue? Or perhaps just a coincidence…

Wonder are they keeping SE’s infotainment on R13 as a result of the outside temp issue? Or perhaps just a coincidence…
They won't normally update the infotainment if there isn't an issue. As I understand it, part of the service costs covers software updates and outside that it is warranty work only, so they can get paid by MG to do it. Some dealers may go above and beyond - and we've heard about some updating infotainment by USB - but others will not.

They won't normally update the infotainment if there isn't an issue. As I understand it, part of the service costs covers software updates and outside that it is warranty work only, so they can get paid by MG to do it. Some dealers may go above and beyond - and we've heard about some updating infotainment by USB - but others will not.
Sounds like it could be interesting trying to get the systems updated then :rolleyes:

You’d think they’d just apply whatever updates are available when the car is in the garage… seems a bit of a daft system.

Ok, so my car went in for a software update this morning. The dealer came and collected it and brought it back for me, which was nice! When I checked the infotainment screen nothing seemed to have changed, I rang the dealer and they said that the software update was for the charging unit.

Has anybody else has this? I don't recollect reading of any specific software issues with the charging unit.

Ok, so my car went in for a software update this morning. The dealer came and collected it and brought it back for me, which was nice! When I checked the infotainment screen nothing seemed to have changed, I rang the dealer and they said that the software update was for the charging unit.

Has anybody else has this? I don't recollect reading of any specific software issues with the charging unit.
I had a message from my dealer that there is a mandatory recall update for the charging control unit mines booked in for 11th april

Last edited:
I had a message form my dealer that there is a mandatory recall update for the charging control unit mines booked in for 11th april
Your dealer seems to be very proactive, which is great.

I wonder if there’s a way to check what mandatory recalls / updates are needed?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back