MG4 Software Update Thread

Just had a call from my MG dealer. They tell me that there have been some more updates since I got my car upgraded to R33.. (I've still got the bluetooth pairing issue) They're going to book me in once they've finially got my replacement door handle and painted it.

Perhaps it's R33.2? Or maybe something even newer... Maybe by then we'll be on R34 or something!

I assume no one else has anything above R33 on a Trophy yet?
I have a similar issue with my Bluetooth. Does your Apple CarPlay have an issue also?

I had a message from my dealer that there is a mandatory recall update for the charging control unit mines booked in for 11th April
I had issues charging at some Gridserve and BP Pulse chargers prior to my software updates in mid February. All seems to be sorted now. LKA is now on by default and needs switching off before each journey if I don't wish to use it. LKA on by default is the only slight annoyance I have with the software updates, but as I always use the lefthand shortcut button to select my driving mode/regen etc before each journey anyway, I have added switching off LKA as part of this pre-journey ritual.

Just had a call from my MG dealer. They tell me that there have been some more updates since I got my car upgraded to R33.. (I've still got the bluetooth pairing issue) They're going to book me in once they've finially got my replacement door handle and painted it.

Perhaps it's R33.2? Or maybe something even newer... Maybe by then we'll be on R34 or something!

I assume no one else has anything above R33 on a Trophy yet?
Suspect it'll be beyond "R33.2" cause I've got that one and just been informed there's an update available for me.

FWIW MG seems to be increasing revisions in steps of 3 (of multiples thereof). e.g. for the Trophy I'm aware of R24, R30 and R33; for the SE I'm aware of R10, R13 and R16. 🤷‍♂️

I bit the bullet and booked the car in for the lock in update. Dropped it off late yesterday and picked it up early this afternoon. I booked it in for other issues as well, passenger door button not working, whistling noise from rear between 35-45 mph (itwasn’t my spoiler, I tightened it myself) and an issue where the DAB takes forever to come on. I park underground at work with no reception. When I leave work, I can go from Glasgow to Paisley, 20 mins home and the DAB still isn’t on, the only station I get is talksport. FM works fine, android auto music work fine.

No paperwork given, but was advised it had two software updates and an informant update. New door button on order, will contact me when it arrives. Informant still show R33, I’m off till Sunday, so can’t test the DAB till then. Whistling noise, they heard it and notified MG to be advised that MG are aware and working on it but don‘t know what it is.

The best bit…… my LKA stay off!! :D
Re the whistling, someone on Facebook from France say it is the spoiler but requires transparent silicone between the two spoiler pieces to resolve as there is a small gap.

I’d always thought it was related to the undertray issue before I saw this comment

Got my MG4 SE LR around 4 weeks ago, fun to drive but unimpressed by user interface level of software. This is my first EV and first with computer driven screen (before old Fords 2007 and 2005). I have MPU SW169-29958-1100R16. Part of my irritation is the sense that they've pointlessly marred a fun car with something that did not need to cost anything. My gripes were: no outside temperature, radio always on at start (minor) and most serious, LKA always returning on at each start. The LKA is not suitable for my commute on the A10 (full of pot-holes, some trench like). I can forgive it only being capable of motorway driving (not tried it), but I cannot forgive it coming back on at every restart. It tugs the wheel at unpredictable times, not just when I am dodging the pot-holes.
However, having skimmed all 35 pages of this thread, I guess I should count myself lucky! Apart from one "Auto hold error" cleared by traditional turn it off then on again, pretty much everything else works. Bluetooth OK, Android Auto OK, even iSmart worked after I reinstalled the App.

Re the whistling, someone on Facebook from France say it is the spoiler but requires transparent silicone between the two spoiler pieces to resolve as there is a small gap.

I’d always thought it was related to the undertray issue before I saw this comment

James, thanks for the info, you don't happen to have a link for that do you?
I'm not a facebook guy, dont use it, lol.

hi all, have mg4 52kw for 3 months

is it my imagination or has the car firmware been updated? i'm sure i read MG can do updates over air and im sure my car is behaving differently

feels like the lane assist is nowhere near as crazy as it use to be, much more gentle nudges than the hard yanks. maybe some changes to the dash graphics

am i hallucinating?

is it my imagination or has the car firmware been updated? i'm sure i read MG can do updates over air and im sure my car is behaving differently

feels like the lane assist is nowhere near as crazy as it use to be, much more gentle nudges than the hard yanks. maybe some changes to the dash graphics

am i hallucinating?
Perhaps you've just got used to it and are driving slightly differently and I guess you've not been anywhere near a dealer. As far as I know they aren't doing over the air updates at the moment but this is MG who don't tell anybody anything.

Perhaps you've just got used to it and are driving slightly differently and I guess you've not been anywhere near a dealer. As far as I know they aren't doing over the air updates at the moment but this is MG who don't tell anybody anything.
yeah my thoughts exactly. will do a few test runs to see and report back

At least one would expect a request to agree to the installation - it's like that in our Hyundai and was in our Tesla. But who knows... 😉

am i hallucinating?
On 1st of April MG launched a LKA update.
It should feel way more gentle after the update.
Im not sure if OTA is active..

A german youtuber got his LKA update installed by a local MG dealer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back