MG4 Software Update Thread

Nothing seems easy with this car, two steps forward one back!

Attachments

• BD44EE1B-1084-48A5-9B99-91CE02CB96B3.jpeg
    BD44EE1B-1084-48A5-9B99-91CE02CB96B3.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 159
Well the dealer must be working on software updates on my car, as I've been getting airbag and brake system alerts via email and text (and these and others in the iSMART app). 😎

Well the dealer must be working on software updates on my car, as I've been getting airbag and brake system alerts via email and text (and these and others in the iSMART app). 😎
In the iSmart app I can see my mobile number and my e-mail address there. And on my Android phone I can see that the iSmart app is flagged to send notifications. BUT I've never received any alerts anywhere from iSmart. They did the locking in safety recall update earlier, and I can see in the app that the update triggered some power steering warnings at the time, but no alerts received by me. Is there something I've not ticked yet in the app itself, to send me notifications?

In the app, under the hamburger / My Profile / Alarm Setting I have the following set:

Vehicle Start Notification - Off
Vehicle Fault Notification - On

Under My Information I have entries for Mobile, Email, and also Contact (being the same as Mobile, but without the 44 and with the 0)

Using those settings I get email and SMS notifications (but only for the critical items like Air Bag and Brakes - TPMS and Alarm reset just appear as Warnings in the app).

Regarding software updates - the following was applied today:

BCM reprogrammed as per bulletin AS-22-RC008
The following updated as per bulletin AS-22-TB053:
- CCU
- GW
- IPK

I don't have any version details ... my Infotainment version is unchanged at 1100R13.

FWIW - as a test - I had LKA off, Drive set to Custom, and Regen set to adaptive (for my drive home from the dealer). When I parked up I selected the Safety menu and operated the Power Off control. When I next use the car I'm going to see if everything resets, or if my last settings have been retained. :) (Just thinking outside the box to see if there's a way to fix preferred settings).

Last edited:
Update ... my test failed - the car reset to LKA on and Normal/Regen 3 as per usual. Oh well - nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

On the plus side - I didn't get locked in my car. ;)

Update ... my test failed - the car reset to LKA on and Normal/Regen 3 as per usual. Oh well - nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Is LKA still as dangerous as it was when the MG4 was released ? I found it very dodgy when i had MG pilot switched on and LKA on.

Have you had a drive with the LKA on since the SW update?
how did you find it?

I had the update last week and had no issues with LKA on since then. 🤞

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums