MG4 Software Update Thread

... no major software issues here (SE-version - LFP battery) - just a little dropout on power when pushing the car, and a bit a slidy back-end - both in cold weather - which am expecting to clear up once we get warmer weather.

Huge errors here (MG4 Luxury called in germany) even after multiple software updates 2 weeks ago (picked up the car on 22.12.2022.
Mayor issues are: Heating system fails completely and very often but works flawlessly afterwards for a few days, to fail again - regardless what external contitions (temp, humid, etc.) are present. Remote (iSmart) works only on 1 day out of 10 from the beginning.

Basic question always: is the car online? Easiest test: do the weather services work?
Hi Eber, I have the same issue.
My car was working perfectly fine, after the recall update I am not able to log in in the car or see weather information, even if remote control for HVAC or lock/unlock are working fine.
What do you recommend?

My car was working perfectly fine, after the recall update I am not able to log in in the car or see weather information, even if remote control for HVAC or lock/unlock are working fine.
What do you recommend?
The current version (R33) solved my issues so I can't really recommend anything, sorry about that.

Huge errors here (MG4 Luxury called in germany) even after multiple software updates 2 weeks ago (picked up the car on 22.12.2022.
Mayor issues are: Heating system fails completely and very often but works flawlessly afterwards for a few days, to fail again - regardless what external contitions (temp, humid, etc.) are present. Remote (iSmart) works only on 1 day out of 10 from the beginning.
Yes I have had that problem too

What do you recommend?
Hi, I had this issue (see earlier post in this thread). There are now two versions of R33. There is a newer R33 release within the last week(ish) that now replaces the previous. The previous version gave me the error you have, in that I could not get any online services from within the vehicle.
Speak to your dealer to get them to recheck for a later revision of R33. This should cure that issue. It's a known issue within MG apparently, though oddly did not effect every vehicle.

Sorry guys but where can I find the latest version.
I am due to pick up my car soon.
Is the latest version just called R33 or is it part of a longer serial number.
Thanks

Just had the R33 update at Vic Youngs. Coffe cup and Alert Triangle gone..👏
Also reckons the update had a new Radio DAB update in it? Lets see if it stays on.

They checked modified breather and bone dry.

Again Vic Youngs in South Shields been excellent. Taken over 3 months but my car is fault free for first time.
Its had new tyres, wipers, Infotainment screen, breather Mod and drowsiness fault rectified. Also my Lane Change Assist stays off.

Also reckons the update had a new Radio DAB update in it? Lets see if it stays on.

Again Vic Youngs in South Shields been excellent. Taken over 3 months but my car is fault free for first time.
Its had new tyres, wipers, Infotainment screen, breather Mod and drowsiness fault rectified. Also my Lane Change Assist stays off.
Really pleased to hear you have got a good result. A good dealer is invaluable.

are you absolutely sure the Lane Change Assist permanently stays off?

are you absolutely sure the Lane Change Assist permanently stays off?
YES, mine always has. I dont use TJA only ACC and its fine.
2A9D602D-BAF0-4FB5-B275-F7E60C38B478_1_201_a.jpeg

2340362C-4724-4A40-BB24-FED48180F5F0_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

You’ve been really patient with the car and thankfully you have the support of a good dealer. Glad to hear you’re finally happy with the car! 👍

You’ve been really patient with the car and thankfully you have the support of a good dealer. Glad to hear you’re finally happy with the car! 👍
Yes and thanks, I went into the process of buying the MG4 expecting teething problems, especially for the price compared to others so never really stressed out about it.
I can honestly say, in my case, stick with it and luckily had a dealer and technician who wanted to get these problems fixed.
Also remember it has been MG who has provided those fixes, sorted software issues out etc....
Yes very happy with the car and just love driving it.

Yes and thanks, I went into the process of buying the MG4 expecting teething problems, especially for the price compared to others so never really stressed out about it.
I can honestly say, in my case, stick with it and luckily had a dealer and technician who wanted to get these problems fixed.
Also remember it has been MG who has provided those fixes, sorted software issues out etc....
Yes very happy with the car and just love driving it.
Glad your car is sorted mate, I do think you won a watch when you used Vic Young as your dealer, everything you have posted about them is positive, there seems to be a lot of other dealers who could learn from them

Had mine updated today. No sign of coffee cup on the drive back from dealer.

Also turned LKA off to see if it stays off, I had it on beep only mode before. I do have TJA on though so I assume it will still steer when that is on?

The real test will be when we drive it to France (Disneyland) next week!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back