MG4 Software Update Thread

Thanks for the explanations it all makes sense.

I'm going to continue to keep my car at 80% normally, 100% when I need it and rapid charge to any level needed. I'm confident that this will be fine long term.
In 99.9999999% of cases it will be, it's always the outliers that become big news

I have just had my annual service, including the updates R46, SC47, SCUK001, which I believe are standard for the Trophy. The result seems pretty good to me - I particularly like the new LKA, which is very restrained, and is now a positive safety feature (so far...) (y)

I also like the new HVAC screen - it is less cluttered, with larger icons, which makes it usable while driving. I think I came across someone complaining about this screen - if so, I disagree. However, I do run the main screen permanently in dark mode, which increases contrast - I agree it is less good in light mode.

Can I ask which dealership please?

So another 'Miggy' update. After MG having the car for over a week, again. I picked up the vehicle after being told they had stripped out the interior and strengthened ever Airbag connector. Brilliant I thought. Nope..... Airbag light is on again. Rang the dealer and they said we will need the car for 2 weeks bring it back on Jan 26th.... at which point I decided enough was enough, this has been going on for 6 months, I have now told the Lease company I want to hand the car back. I have a call booked in for Monday.

You have to wonder why they don't do this for all delivered cars. Other than laziness, I guess. It seems like a way to guarantee frustrated customers (not to update the infotainment software when it's a 10 minute job that can be done while cleaning up and inspecting other things).
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. Pure laziness!
Their response will be "Please contact your MG dealer". ;)
you were right! “As all dealers are independent… blah blah blah” 😒

ok, so I've been updated to R46 today - has this screen gone? Swiping across doesn't bring it up any more?
1702914737258.png

You should have complained about Bluetooth connection issues.

That said, I didn't and my dealer still upgraded mine (although they mentioned BT issues as their reasoning, so they'd get paid by MG for it). I did though say that if any updates needed the Infotainment updated then I wanted 1100R33 and nothing in-between. :)

You should have complained about Bluetooth connection issues.

That said, I didn't and my dealer still upgraded mine (although they mentioned BT issues as their reasoning, so they'd get paid by MG for it). I did though say that if any updates needed the Infotainment updated then I wanted 1100R33 and nothing in-between. :)
Do you know which update controls the LKA? Got the BMC today for my windows opening for no reason.

Got mine in today for updates…was a little worried when the normal guy wasn’t in and another young lad took the keys (knew little and had less interest). Told him all that had been discussed and agreed. Left the garage and returned 2 hours later to be told it was all sorted.

Asked the young lad what was updated and the response was “just the whole infotainment system”…

Needless to say none of it was done, aside from the recall update (don’t even know for sure as was given zero paperwork). Infotainment still on R13 and I dare say the preheat issue will still be present on the car. Waste of bloody time and effort :mad:

Got mine in today for updates…was a little worried when the normal guy wasn’t in and another young lad took the keys (knew little and had less interest). Told him all that had been discussed and agreed. Left the garage and returned 2 hours later to be told it was all sorted.

Asked the young lad what was updated and the response was “just the whole infotainment system”…

Needless to say none of it was done, aside from the recall update (don’t even know for sure as was given zero paperwork). Infotainment still on R13 and I dare say the preheat issue will still be present on the car. Waste of bloody time and effort :mad:
Preheat is sorted by the EVCC update

had my software updated today on my MG4 Excite 51 in Perth, Australia for its complimentary 1500km service. They said it took many hours to do because lots of components needed updating.

Screen reads:
MPU Software Version SW131-29958-1100R05
MCU Software Version -125.1.3.0

Only change I've noticed so far on the drive back home is the cruise control adjustments are now 1KM increments instead of nearest 5KM for a single tap up/down. I actually preferred the previous increment, however this change wasn't unexpected because I've been reading these forums.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back