MG4 Software Update Thread

So another 'Miggy' update. After MG having the car for over a week, again. I picked up the vehicle after being told they had stripped out the interior and strengthened ever Airbag connector. Brilliant I thought. Nope..... Airbag light is on again. Rang the dealer and they said we will need the car for 2 weeks bring it back on Jan 26th.... at which point I decided enough was enough, this has been going on for 6 months, I have now told the Lease company I want to hand the car back. I have a call booked in for Monday.
So here we are again. MG UK have now provided a Courtesy Vehicle as the Dealership did not have any, Miggy is sitting in the dealership and my phone has been pinging all day with airbag warning messages. Tuskers (Lease Company) have now been informed I wish to return the vehicle, as this one is clearly not fit for purpose.

After my first post sales dealer visit I'm reminded the state of MG Turkey. I sent my chauffeur to the dealer and told him to complain and make them do the update or at the very least get an appointment date.

He came back and told me the service center which is right next to the main MG dealer, told my guy that "MG Turkey is not authorized to perform updates on any MG vehicles as they are not certified" the wise words of the certified service center manager.

Its not April 1st and uhhhh, yeah, isn't the car dealer supposed to service the car that they just sold? Maybe I'm getting the 2022 MY attitude I'm not sure what is going on.

Will attempt a public freakout next week when I'm available and drop the car at the dealer parking lot and leave it there till they figure out who is who. In the meantime R13 it is :)

So I think I've noticed one anomally on R33 and that is that on the drivers binnacle where it shows miles/kwh since start/last charge/ever I'm getting a discrepancy on the last charge page.
I'll check again tonight but when I started the car this morning after finishing charging at around 6pm last night It told me it had been 1hr and 50 minutes since the last charge .
Has anyone else had this ?

At least press and hold for increments in 5 works well. :)
which update introduced this change? I had 3 recall updates done in Nov, and had my infotainment updated to R46 (Trophy) last week but I still have 5mph increments with single press?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just had my annual service, including the updates R46, SC47, SCUK001, which I believe are standard for the Trophy. The result seems pretty good to me - I particularly like the new LKA, which is very restrained, and is now a positive safety feature (so far...) (y)

I also like the new HVAC screen - it is less cluttered, with larger icons, which makes it usable while driving. I think I came across someone complaining about this screen - if so, I disagree. However, I do run the main screen permanently in dark mode, which increases contrast - I agree it is less good in light mode.
Jumping on a slightly older message, But i'm due for a service middle of Jan.
Did you have to ask for these updates or is this part of the standard service package? Its my first bought new car, and its the service from Arnold clark.

Jumping on a slightly older message, But i'm due for a service middle of Jan.
Did you have to ask for these updates or is this part of the standard service package? Its my first bought new car, and its the service from Arnold clark.
To guarantee an update to the infotainment system you will need to have a problem with your current version - frequent Bluetooth drop outs would be a good start. I would suggest discussing this with the dealer before you take it in so they are prepared.

To guarantee an update to the infotainment system you will need to have a problem with your current version - frequent Bluetooth drop outs would be a good start. I would suggest discussing this with the dealer before you take it in so they are prepared.
That's perfect.

I do actually have some issues on the car that started occurring yesterday as well.

So I plan on ringing the dealer up on Wednesday and seeing if I can bemoan all the issues and then drop in the Bluetooth issue as well to try further the infotainment updates.

I wish they were done regularly without the need of noted issues.

That's perfect.

I do actually have some issues on the car that started occurring yesterday as well.

So I plan on ringing the dealer up on Wednesday and seeing if I can bemoan all the issues and then drop in the Bluetooth issue as well to try further the infotainment updates.

I wish they were done regularly without the need of noted issues.
I phoned the local MG dealer to ask if there was a solution to bluethooth issues yesterday. He said bring it in now and I'll do it while you wait. Sure enough, after 20 mins of drooing over the showroom Xpower I now have R46 on my Trophy and so far the connectivity is much improved (though not perfect). Good service from the main dealer for once!

Managed to get R46 installed today. Wouldn't have been done as part of the annual service but as I mentioned Bluetooth problems they have installed. Surely as it only takes minutes and seems stable MG should get it installed as part of servicing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back