MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

This evening, about 7.45pm on the M74 Northbound between the Raith junction and J4 (M8 turn off) ... Tango 73 plate Trophy (I don't think it was an X-Power). You were in lane 2 pootling along at about 60 mph or so ... I was on ACC at 70 mph and passed you on your left (as did a few other cars) - you eventually moved into lane 1. ;)

Last edited:
Yesterday evening (Saturday 30th), black MG4 coming through the lights in Carnwath at 5.30, travelling eastwards. (I was in the blue MG4 travelling west.)
Sounds like one of those hopeful hookups in the London papers.....

"You were in a black MG4 at the lights in Carnwath, I was in a blue one.

Fancy meeting up to make sweet music?"

Sounds like one of those hopeful hookups in the London papers.....

"You were in a black MG4 at the lights in Carnwath, I was in a blue one.

Fancy meeting up to make sweet music?"

:cool: I'm not even sure the car was black. I was driving into low sun, and at first I thought it might be dark red. But then when the cars had passed and I looked in my rear-view mirror it seemed to be a black car.

Green, X Power this morning 7.30am. Rainford Bypass. Was behind me for a few miles, then overtook me and was in front for a few miles. So gave me a chance to have a good look at it from the front and back. I've come to the conclusion it's definitely under wheeled, needs wider and lower offset wheels. At least 8.5 inch wide and at least ET45 offset. And lowered about 30mm. It would look really purposeful then. Looks a bit weedy as it is. All the above is only my opinion of course. 🙂👍

You wouldn't have had a chance to see how weedy (Rude!) mine looked.
Hard to see how under wheeled (Rude again!!!) something is when it's just a bloody BLUR.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅

Hard to see how under wheeled (Rude again!!!) something is when it's just a bloody BLUR.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅
Definitely knew it wasn't you, for the exact reasons you've just given. 🤣😉👍

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅
I'd love to see one on, wider 19s and lowered 30mm. Think it would look Awesome! Think KMC is getting itchy feet as regard modifying. 😀👍

4 spotted today, driving from my parents' house in Hampshire back to Bristol.
Blue 73 Trophy within 30 seconds of leaving their house.
Black MG4 in Bashley
Red MG4 in Ringwood
White one around Downton I think.

1000020749.jpg

A bit of salt and pepper in the Aubigny Leisure Centre car park this morning (apologies for the errant 8 year old RUINING such a beautiful moment).

Anyone here?

I keep seeing the same grey Trophy on Wrexham Industrial Estate of an evening.
Headlight flashes and waves are regularly exchanged.

I also keep seeing the same black one between Gresford & Penyffordd, but no responses.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back