MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

Today (8th April), just before 4.30, a black Trophy with '73 plates seen driving east through West Linton (I had to wait for the car to pass before drawing out from in front of the Post Office), and the car then pulled in to the CPS village green charger. I continued along Station Road on my business. I don't know if the driver saw me.

On my way back half an hour later the car was still on the charger and I pulled in behind, hoping for a quick "hello, how do you like the car?" but the driver was just pulling away - probably thought I wanted to go on the charger. I just managed a quick snap of the two cars together.

1712594713246.png

73 plate Tango Trophy seen this morning at about 9.45 leaving Strathaven on the Lesmahagow Road heading towards Sandford. Anyone here?

This morning 7.30, Holborn Blue Trophy,
Newton le Willows Health and Fitness.
I was mowing the grass on me ride on mower. 🙂👍

23 plate Smurf SE spotted leaving the Common Green, Strathaven, turning right at the lights towards East Kilbride. Anyone here?

(I know it's not @Rolfe or the others ... I think the reg was TK23 so not a local plate, although I'm not sure a reg starting with T is valid?)

23 plate Smurf SE spotted leaving the Common Green, Strathaven, turning right at the lights towards East Kilbride. Anyone here?

(I know it's not @Rolfe or the others ... I think the reg was TK23 so not a local plate, although I'm not sure a reg starting with T is valid?)
You're right. There is no T on the DVLA document I posted a while back.

I only got a quick look at it ... I was more checking to see if it was SL (so maybe one of the local guys) but it didn't start with S. :)

Nope, dirty diesel. 🙂
It's green though, so I'm calling it,
The X Mower. Now this one does Vibrate!
😬🙂👍
Whatever cuts your grass I suppose 🤩
Nope, dirty diesel. 🙂
It's green though, so I'm calling it,
The X Mower. Now this one does Vibrate!
😬🙂👍

View attachment 25589
I’m guessing around a couple of metres wide cut so a couple of litres of the old heavy oil as the log books call it would last me quite a while 🤣.

Today (8th April), just before 4.30, a black Trophy with '73 plates seen driving east through West Linton (I had to wait for the car to pass before drawing out from in front of the Post Office), and the car then pulled in to the CPS village green charger. I continued along Station Road on my business. I don't know if the driver saw me.

On my way back half an hour later the car was still on the charger and I pulled in behind, hoping for a quick "hello, how do you like the car?" but the driver was just pulling away - probably thought I wanted to go on the charger. I just managed a quick snap of the two cars together.

View attachment 25576
How long has that charger been there? It's been a couple of years since I last was at the West Linton park and the wee café there but I don't recall seeing a charger there before.

Yes I can see how it's probably not that visible from the park. And if it's anything like 99% of chargers out there there's probably close to no sign posting for it?

Nope. You either have to know it's there or check an app.

I'm trying to remember when the Chinese takeaway van gave up. He used to park in that layby every weekend and basically feed the village. He quit in 2017 or 2018 I think. It was after that that the charger appeared. It was free until May 2022, then it went up to 30p, then earlier this year to 60p.

I noticed. But at least you can sit on them for a reasonable time, that one has a time limit of 55 min even on the AC. Not sure how people balance their batteries.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back