MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

Took my eldest daughter to the open day at Arts University Bournemouth today. Saw two white MG4s there. One a staff car on charge in the staff car park, and then a white trophy leaving the visitors car park.

Also was pleasantly surprised that despite the cold weather and having the heater on all the way (there and back) how good the consumption was. Averaged 3.6 on way there, and 3.8 on way back. Usually manage about a 4.0 average in the summer when visiting my family who live near Bournemouth.

Seen one exactly like ours (Trophy in red) round the corner. They are visitors, they don't live there.

Apart from that one, I've seen 4 others. Mrs S has seen one other in a rush hour queue.

I only got 3 miles/Kw yesterday evening at about 5C. I don't think I've ever averaged 4 miles/Kw on any journey. How are you doing it?
I think geography has a lot to do with it, it's around 10 degrees here at the moment. Also, as a former GTI driver, perhaps your right foot is heavier than mine ;) (former TDI driver)

It is very likely to be the right foot, I humbly concede. Also, it was 7 degrees when I left home and 5 degrees by the time I got back. Nevertheless, I never seem to get close to the figures other people are reporting. Maybe it is just my right foot. But @siteguru is reporting similar figures to me, I think. He is in a geographical situation similar to mine - fairly high (though not as high as I am) and about 55 degrees north.

It's a thought. Right now pretty much everyone around has learned on an ICE car and has driven ICE cars for quite some time. When the EV-bashers get going, we know we're as knowledgeable as they are about the pros and cons of their favoured mode of transportation. But a time will come when young people have only driven EVs, and they're going to look at people clinging on to ICE vehicles as some sort of weird curiosity.

It's a thought. Right now pretty much everyone around has learned on an ICE car and has driven ICE cars for quite some time. When the EV-bashers get going, we know we're as knowledgeable as they are about the pros and cons of their favoured mode of transportation. But a time will come when young people have only driven EVs, and they're going to look at people clinging on to ICE vehicles as some sort of weird curiosity.
Some young people will also look at the idea of driving your own car as being old hat - at least once self-driving arrives. And maybe the same about owning cars vs renting one as needed (drives up to your house).

You could also say with the increasingly online world that young people won't drive and travel nearly as much as older generations do since their interactions won't be with humans but AI companions.

It is as if people watched the Matrix and thought: you know what, that's not a bad idea!

I have very fond memories of all the cars I have owned. Admittedly, some are fonder than others!

Amongst them were:
I may have forgotten one or two...

A 1975 Hillman Avenger.
A 1978 Alfasud Super.
A 1975 VW Beetle.
A 1979 Opel Record.
Various Metros (84, 86 and 89).
A 1987 Maestro VdP.
A 1986 Suzuki SJ410 Jeep.
A 1986 Montego Estate.
A 1988 Citroen BX.
A 1990 Montego Estate.
A 1996 Citroen Xantia Estate.
A 2002 Skoda Octavia Estate.
A 2009 Honda FRV.

And now we have the 2023 MG4.

Only the Skoda, Honda and MG have been bought from new.

I've lost count of the hundreds of thousands of miles I have driven in my time, both for work and leisure.

Sadly, since 2012, I have been unable to drive due to eyesight issues.

I'm missing it terribly, even after 10+ years. I'm hoping one day to drive on an old airfield if I can find an organisation that arranges such a thing.

That is so sad. It happened to my mother, glaucoma. In 2022 I was close to being unable to drive, so I really sympathise. But with me it was cataracts. 20 minutes on the operating table and I was as good as new.

If only everything could be fixed that easily.

I'm missing it terribly, even after 10+ years. I'm hoping one day to drive on an old airfield if I can find an organisation that arranges such a thing.
After a quick google I found a charity called Speed of Sight which does driving experiences for people of various disabilities including the blind and partially sighted.

Spotted three today on my adventure working from a coffee shop.
Two white (one SE one Trophy) in Nantwich car park

And a blue SE I think it was at the copper mine lane lay by near Bickerton.

Anyone on here?

Holborn Blue SE spotted this morning coming along Thompson Street turning right into Townhead Street. I was the guy walking the 2 Bichons. :)

Anyone here?

Nope. Only went to Roslin and back via Penicuik. Nowhere near Strathaven.

You know, I hardly ever see another MG4, but this place is absolutely swarming with EVs of various varieties.

I think they're getting gradually more popular, I'm seeing 1-3 MG4s every weekend I travel the M8, and one or two occasionally in the Edin city centre, even spied one with an NHS sticker on it.

As for other brands: I see hundreds of Teslas (ofc), a fair number of VW ID.3s and ID.4s, a bunch of Polestars and the rare Ioniq 5.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back