MG4 Trophy map update – BEWARE

Well that Manual download site you can put in your VIN and can download the Navigation update also, but still the one Q3 2024 with that missing VN warning for R46 users. The Belgian headquarters is in Kontich, but are a lazy bunch of incompetent workers...
you ARE Right - had not noticed before;):):)... lazy - thats MG/saic FIRST name:D:p:rolleyes:
At least its now updated to the new version - even if via a diff site;):).
now we wait for the OTA of all firmware :eek::sleep:☠️⚰️

Just tried to get this and it failed to download :rolleyes:

1715332693078.png

I've just copied this and compared it to the one I downloaded last night (using my VIN) and they match exactly.
Also compared to the 23Q3 version that we (on infotainment R46+) were having problems with and they are completely different.

I suppose you could try it with the 'new' VN.txt. Just create a plain text file called VN.txt, and all it should say within is pass

I doubt it will work though.

My new VN.txt attached
It doesn't work... although it gives now a different error.

Will try to edit the csv files list and include the file and size of VN.txt

Attachments

• PXL_20240511_102209138.jpg
    PXL_20240511_102209138.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 35
Get an error message. Even though the Link is there the download file is missing just get an error message.
IMG_7816.jpeg

UPDATE UPDATE !!!
MAY14th Download of map is now working again.

Automatic translation of french tutorial to update map system:​

Open https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap

Insert your VIN​

Download the file whose link is in blue (be careful 18GB to download is long)​

On Windows EXCLUSIVELY, extract the contents of the ZIP file​

You get a "maps" file containing:EXCLUSIVELY ON A USB KEY (no external disk) with a size >32GB and preferably no larger than 128GB, formatted in FAT32 or EXFAT​

copy "maps" to the root of the usb key (use FastCopy, ROBOCOPY to check the integrity of the copy); long process <1 hour​

In the MG4​

Start the vehicle and put it in parking mode.​

Insert the USB key into the USB port located under the central side screendriver.​

Go to Settings > System > Tap USB Upgrade VR data and maps​

Once the system scans your key​

STAY IN THE CAR OR PUT WEIGHT ON THE DRIVER'S SEAT SO AS NOT TO INTERRUPT THE SHIFT DUE TO SLEEP​

system verifies the integrity by doing a checksum​

system copies the files (long process ~30-40 minutes)​

system notifies you when the update is finished and restarts the screen​

update is complete​

Thank you for providing this information. Very helpful. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_7817.jpeg
    IMG_7817.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 41
The download-page says this map-link is valid for 7 days only - the file is dropping in at ~10 KB/s, 9-15 days remaining until its finished.
Optimized infrastructure made by SAIC/MG :mad:

Is someone has informations about ISA ?

The first time I try to load the map, the process shows me 3 different files to Update.
(((It was with the wrong VN.txt. It was going around in circles.)))
  1. Map 18,8 Go
  2. Isa. 2,86 Go
  3. VR. Unknown
Point 3 VR, no read found at this time.
Point 1, the map is uptodate

Concerning the ISA, the read I found shows best informations for "front camera" and instructions for navigation.

Labougie

The download-page says this map-link is valid for 7 days only - the file is dropping in at ~10 KB/s, 9-15 days remaining until its finished.
Optimized infrastructure made by SAIC/MG :mad:
The link is available 7 days.
If the load is running, normally it goes at the end.

There are lots of people downloading the map, it takes time. during the day it goes faster or not.
You'll have it

Or try during the night with an other machine. Sometimes it's faster by night

labougie

Is someone has informations about ISA ?

The first time I try to load the map, the process shows me 3 different files to Update.
(((It was with the wrong VN.txt. It was going around in circles.)))
  1. Map 18,8 Go
  2. Isa. 2,86 Go
  3. VR. Unknown
Point 3 VR, no read found at this time.
Point 1, the map is uptodate

Concerning the ISA, the read I found shows best informations for "front camera" and instructions for navigation.

Labougie
ISA files seems related to this :

ISA files seems related to this :
I found this read,

Do you think it's a good idea to update this system for our mg 4?

In my mind there are two position in the car system, On Off & Auto

The isa works both with the navigation or not?

My main goal is only to update the speed limit indications. For a better personal read.

labougie

I found this read,

Do you think it's a good idea to update this system for our mg 4?

In my mind there are two position in the car system, On Off & Auto

The isa works both with the navigation or not?

My main goal is only to update the speed limit indications. For a better personal read.

labougie
I dont really know since When you try to download from https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap the ISA File isnt there - the button changes ( after entering the VIN) But the Link is always the same ( maps.zip)
AWS link that starts https://s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...apdata/eu/te/old_item/maps.zip?AWSAccessKeyId ............

I find it a bit annoying this info - since I've driven in a motorway while the screen (the Screen of the Drivers position not the Infotainment)showing me 50km sign;):). Maybe the last sign before entering the motorway, but then it doesn't update ( And this is some info concerning only Visual camera readout - doesn't seem to get a GPS confirmation later on...

To be honoust, even if you get OTA speed limit data linked to gps, we still need cameras for different, situation specific yet mandatory speed limits. And this is where the boat has left MG behind. The current implementation is soo bad (even the dealer admits it) that you will not get it working on an MG4.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back