MG4 Trophy map update – BEWARE

It was fixed, and it works on my Luxury R46 :
1715006864128.png

Could you post if the new maps have any improvements? Mainly more chargers as POI. Thanks.

@mg4mc
Did you copy the VN.txt file into the unzipped maps folder yourself or was it already there?

To answer my own question, the VN.txt is already there. All it says is pass.
The previous VN.txt file I downloaded from an earlier version of the maps link gave a text file with 'random' letters etc.

To answer my own question, the VN.txt is already there. All it says is pass.
The previous VN.txt file I downloaded from an earlier version of the maps link gave a text file with 'random' letters etc.
Is it possible to just send the VN file and we can copy it to the previous download, where we got the message "Missing VN File"?

The map files changed quite a bit, at least by comparing the signatures. I'd re-download the update package

Is it possible to just send the VN file and we can copy it to the previous download,
It's quite possible that VN stands for Vin Number, and is generated and/or modified as part of the update process. So copying someone else's VN.txt file might not be a good idea.

Then again, if you are somehow sure that you have the right download for your VIN, it might be possible to use a text editor to change it to say "pass" (but what case, are there any hidden characters, etc). In that case, copying someone else's file might save a lot of downloading.

But how can you be sure that you have the exact right download for your exact model?

I think the magic happens in file_verification file. That contains a long hash code (340+ characters), I suspect the hash is generated using your VIN as the seed, making it unique to your car.

Easy way to tell is for a couple of people to post the contents of that file, if they are different that would confirm it for me. (I'm on my phone at the mo so can't post mine)

It's quite possible that VN stands for Vin Number, and is generated and/or modified as part of the update process. So copying someone else's VN.txt file might not be a good idea.

Then again, if you are somehow sure that you have the right download for your VIN, it might be possible to use a text editor to change it to say "pass" (but what case, are there any hidden characters, etc). In that case, copying someone else's file might save a lot of downloading.

But how can you be sure that you have the exact right download for your exact model?
I don't think its that complicated, cause the dealer downloaded the update before on a USB stick for the cars in the showroom to update and gave the stick to me and I update there with the same usb stick... Now i have with the latest update "Missing VN File" on the R46. So I will download everything again cause i saw they fixed this in the new download on the server no?

My file_verification contents:
Code:
Ubd6jmO4O0OMqSA8igzQxSqJzV95Cn6qCAthARxlqAZWF5incA8hfBcpW1RhQCuUz8d9M3YgAFXZqy8tHl8s2pthGC5MiOdKNJzqnl3tAe74ruivj1Ff0Z0hQ2eFZy/imzQLTFV6FilcKc6zUhVgp6ulBGw549jE4VtocSNeNsmnByNZhvDCU5JfWotKyj4avT3endxGL+TLDkDzI2+0XeXVu+d5B2E8Q/86MXh13O8tFUtZeMWtJgDdr7zKGhuTX4hCyvsMNp7OIQ9qGqUOpbojO3my2MSr7wJbtta6m1sb9LU0iDc8OhQxu5so1SvAItbA+YbhZffZ2x0nhBX1eA==

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back