MG4 Trophy map update – BEWARE

Can anyone that got the update installed share what is better or worse? Are there more charge points as POIs? Trying to see if there is even a benefit. Also, any updated roads that were wrong or outdated?

R59 is out. Do not know if it came with a new map as well.
@Surfdog posted pictures in another thread ... the maps still seem to be 2022 Q1, so 2 years old. (I've no idea whether his Navi version is updated as I only have an SE). The search options did seem to show EV charge points, which could be selected by supplier.

@Surfdog posted pictures in another thread ... the maps still seem to be 2022 Q1, so 2 years old. (I've no idea whether his Navi version is updated as I only have an SE). The search options did seem to show EV charge points, which could be selected by supplier.
Not surprized the map is still the old one. Anything above r33 did not get the map update working. So why should r59 work...

Received a new link from MG.

https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap

This one recognises my VIN and generates a VN.txt file. Downloading now……

Update: no longer get the VN error but I still can not update. When I click on ok on the resource screen, it takes me back to the instructions screen - clicking ok takes me back to the resource page and so the cycle repeats.

Last edited:
Received a new link from MG.

https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap

This one recognises my VIN and generates a VN.txt file. Downloading now……

Update: no longer get the VN error but I still can not update. When I click on ok on the resource screen, it takes me back to the instructions screen - clicking ok takes me back to the resource page and so the cycle repeats.
Same here, but I used the map data I downloaded a few days ago........Its frustrating and it shouldn't be this hard as its what we paid for with the Trophy version, but getting closer.

Probably an Encoded Key between the Car VIn and the Fingerprint file they ASk (still need to go to the car and check how to get this - the Site is very helpful-NOT- :
1.Export the fingerprint file from your vehicle by using U-disk.(You can export it from the resource upgrade in setting on vehicle)
Need to check this resource upgrade in setting:)
The file contains a 128 Chars string

The fingerprint file is supposedly needed if the car has ismart lite (without esim/internet connection) like the MG4 base model

The VN file is used for map activation, based off the VIN (and probably some API that the car itself checks to activate the map)

The fingerprint file is supposedly needed if the car has ismart lite (without esim/internet connection) like the MG4 base model

The VN file is used for map activation, based off the VIN (and probably some API that the car itself checks to activate the map)
so what you re saying is that this Fingerprint file is only related with the base 51KWh model ( and nothing to do with the Luxury/trophyLR model ???
If thats the case then I'll test the generated Vn.txt to see if it works or I obtain the same result reported up

Well, just tried and indeed it goes back to the update warning screen. Seems like something is indeed bugged (who would have guessed 🤣)

so what you re saying is that this Fingerprint file is only related with the base 51KWh model ( and nothing to do with the Luxury/trophyLR model ???
If thats the case then I'll test the generated Vn.txt to see if it works or I obtain the same result reported up
In other words, the vin should be sufficient?

Don’t waste your time - it makes no difference
I know - it was a very loooooong shot. And you're more than right the zip extraction is sooooooo loooong also that its a waste !!!

Back to the usual Google MAPS/ WAZE it is ....

Shame that all upgrades/UPDATES being maps/or infotainment/car different firmwares is so BUGGED -or worse- DEPENDEDENT OF SAIC;):):):), AND NOT WORKING AT ALL ...

I can understand WHY OTA arent either active- With a SMALL MAP update of 23GB !!!!!!!!.

they love to announce a la TESLA but SAIC is Still in the XIX century... for this still trying morse code:D
23GB transmited in morse code -SURELY gets bugs Everywhere...
:D

Last edited:
I know - it was a very loooooong shot. And you're more than right the zip extraction is sooooooo loooong also that its a waste !!!

Back to the usual Google MAPS/ WAZE it is ....

Shame that all upgrades/UPDATES being maps/or infotainment/car different firmwares is so BUGGED -or worse- DEPENDEDENT OF SAIC;):):):), AND NOT WORKING AT ALL ...

I can understand WHY OTA arent either active- With a SMALL MAP update of 23GB !!!!!!!!.

they love to announce a la TESLA but SAIC is Still in the XIX century... for this still trying morse code:D
23GB transmited in morse code -SURELY gets bugs Everywhere...
:D
23GB isn't bad for maps of the whole of Europe. IIRC, map updates for the Zoe ran about 20, with a lot less charging station POIs listed.

23GB isn't bad for maps of the whole of Europe. IIRC, map updates for the Zoe ran about 20, with a lot less charging station POIs listed.
I agree if you're doing the download @home and copying it to an USB tick... But if you say that you'll offer OTA updates - on a 4g ESIM that probably is Capped to 5GB - then its a Issue - of a badly Announced OTA; and a badly designed update.
In any case if the update DOESNT WORK - ITS A VERY BIG WASTE of my own download capability

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back