MG4 Undertray dip/bulge

Earlier in the thread someone said that their dealer fixed the undertray (as best they could) to remove/minimise the bulge.

I'd be interested to know whether that's an isolated fix that has been made by the dealership, or part of an MG-endorsed fix. There's been a lot of talk about fixing the oil leak (and rightly so), but what, if anthing, are MG doing to fix defective undertrays, which many if not most cars appear to have?

That was the first we'd heard of any dealer attempting any fix on the undertray ... it was a simple fix - slot the affected holes so that the bolts can line up properly with the chassis holes. An extension to the fix would be to warm the tray whilst compressing it (to remove the bulge) prior to refitting.

That was the first we'd heard of any dealer attempting any fix on the undertray ... it was a simple fix - slot the affected holes so that the bolts can line up properly with the chassis holes. An extension to the fix would be to warm the tray whilst compressing it (to remove the bulge) prior to refitting.
Are there any MG4 that doesnt have the under-tray bulge?

Got mine yesterday. Looks pretty bulgy to me…!

Attachments

• 0E6B98FE-2B04-4934-A188-8D544CA74C81.jpeg
    0E6B98FE-2B04-4934-A188-8D544CA74C81.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 345
Warpy, bulgy, absolutely guaranteed to fail as it is. Why the hell didn't they make it longer so it could tuck underneath the section ahead of it ? Or have a joining strip between the two.

Looks like there's simply not enough fixings without a rigid metal strip or something to anchor the edge, crappy, crappy piece of design to sign off :(

Can I check, has anyone persuaded their dealership to repair or replace their faulty undertray? I've been told that MG don't see this as a problem and aren't issuing replacements. We can hear a high pitched whistling sound coming from the car when driven at speed which I'm pretty sure is the bulge trapping the air.
I picked my Trophy last week. I pointed out the impressive undertray bulge to the sales staff. They are off to ask MG how to fix it but promised me it would be sorted!

I contacted MG about the dip in the undertray that others also seem to have (noticed in oil leak thread). They say it’s not normal and would be replaced if approached by dealers.

Anyone with this issue should also email mg
[email protected]

View attachment 11770
Can you possibly share a screenshot of that email, my dealer said that MG told them the undertray is “by design”.

Can you possibly share a screenshot of that email, my dealer said that MG told them the undertray is “by design”.
Have had several emails since the one I mentioned there. The latest implied they were aware they of the issue and were working on a solution, but they didn’t say when this may be available. If you still need a screenshot I’ll try and dig it out later

Have had several emails since the one I mentioned there. The latest implied they were aware they of the issue and were working on a solution, but they didn’t say when this may be available. If you still need a screenshot I’ll try and dig it out later
That will be greatly appreciated!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel