MG4 Undertray dip/bulge

It should be a piece of cake to sort out. Heat shouldn't be required. Just forcing it up will move the elongated holes along and then tighten.
Question I'm asking myself is while I love fiddling about with doing up other cars I'm not sure that's why I'm buying a brand new car with a 7 year warranty that should be leaving showroom spot on. Not getting it to crawl on the floor and indulge my hobby on.

It should be a piece of cake to sort out. Heat shouldn't be required. Just forcing it up will move the elongated holes along and then tighten.
Question I'm asking myself is while I love fiddling about with doing up other cars I'm not sure that's why I'm buying a brand new car with a 7 year warranty that should be leaving showroom spot on. Not getting it to crawl on the floor and indulge my hobby on.
I'm the same but if the dealers won't do it then as it only requires a bit of time and patience then I'll probably have a go.

I'm the same but if the dealers won't do it then as it only requires a bit of time and patience then I'll probably have a go.
Yeah I agree. If I ever get my car and it has this issue then I will give MG plenty of time to admit it is indeed just poor build quality and sort it. Last resort is give up and fix it

Dealer called this morning. They’re refusing to do anything about mine because it’s “normal” and all the others are the same… 🙄
What a joke! A car that goes the length of fitting aero wheel trims over alloys, has a lovely air scoop to help with efficiency, yeah that's a design feature!!

There's clearly a bolt alignment issue. What a load of nonsense. Which dealer?

Someone should make a note of all the stupid hapless quotes from dealers and MG customer services over the last couple of months, it's comedy gold (unless it's about your own car obviously) could be funny to look over them in 6 months time when everything is sorted and the holy grail of software updates has arrived🤞

Dealer called this morning. They’re refusing to do anything about mine because it’s “normal” and all the others are the same… 🙄
Maybe grab all of the different pictures from the poll, this proves if it's not consistent and so normal or not (it not IMHO it's not normal). Also maybe point out the case where it's been ripped off by rainwater. As others have said why have wheel aero covers to gain a few % and a massive bulge is another point to make that pointless?
Waiting for a response from my dealership ATM.

Personally I think we need one voice communicating with MG UK, problem data available including pictures, forum members issues
and dealership responses available if required and ask for an official response.
Undertrays may be different designs with curves over components when required etc. but joints should be matched between panels As we know already dealerships are not consistent in their messaging to customers so perhaps one point of contact via MG will give us a single response..with an answer we may not like...but at least that is where the "fight" should be not the dealers. Just my opinion

I've posted previously that my wife and kids can hear a high-pitched sound coming from the car when travelling at over 40mph. I think this is being created by the bulge which is acting as an air trap. Needless to say, it's very annoying for those whose hearing is good enough to hear it, with my daughter describing it as like having tinnitus. MG really need to fix these faulty undertrays.

I dont have the air scoop panel really fits very well,

But still have the high pitched noise (Kids say it sounds like a bag of mice fighting in the back).. Seems to be airflow or movement of the spoiler rather than related to the undertray

This is Palmers MG in Hemel Hempstead. I have emailed MG Customer Service to get their official take on it, so I can pass that on to the dealer.. Or simply not bother and go elsewhere.

But still have the high pitched noise (Kids say it sounds like a bag of mice fighting in the back).. Seems to be airflow or movement of the spoiler rather than related to the undertray
That's really interesting. Are there any standard range SR drivers (without the spoiler) who are also experiencing a high pitched noise when driving at speed?

I've never noticed such a noise, but then again I'm older and my hearing range is not so good these days

The spoiler on the car in the car wow review, I think, didn't seem all that secure I take no one else has that issue

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back