• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Undertray Poll

Does my MG4 have an undertray dip/bulge?

• Yes

Votes: 88 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 33 27.3%

• Total voters
I'd be tempted to put a strip of duct tape over the gap.
Hi Kithmo I did think off that myself but in the middle it is almost as wide as duck tape so as Brugge say’s probably won’t stay there for long plus it is really awkward to get at with out a ramp what I might do I’d stick some foam pipe installation in the gap but really it needs fixing by the dealer so lm hoping they might come up with something soon.
Les.

Looking towards rear axle... (rest of underbody looks ok)
Car_bulge.jpg

Could do with a photo of one without the bulge to add to the collection if someone is lucky enough to have a good one, as said above this gives info to go back to dealers who say it's "normal".

Snow will be the killer and MG will have to resolve when hundreds of cars go to dealers with a ripped plastic undertray in their boot!!
We have a ripped plastic under tray - absolute mess and been quoted approximately £700 to fix. We have driven extremely carefully and had no bumps and avoided potholes etc. not covered by warranty. Going to try and take it to trading standards.

Your dealer is talking mince ... raise a formal complaint with the Dealer Principal.

As you seemingly haven't had the car very long (guess based on the forum join date) then tell them that you'll reject the vehicle per your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 unless they sort it out (at no cost to you).

We have a ripped plastic under tray - absolute mess and been quoted approximately £700 to fix. We have driven extremely carefully and had no bumps and avoided potholes etc. not covered by warranty. Going to try and take it to trading standards.
£700 for a piece of plastic that wasn't even manufactured correctly and forced onto the car causing the bulge in the first place, another absolute joke stance by an MG dealer

I ripped the under tray from my 2019 Kia Sportage when a lorry on the M40 shed something from it's load.
£175.00 parts and labour from Waylands Kia Reading. dropped it off, given a courtesy car and it was fixed by close of play.
Forgot that was also for the trim around the front spoiler what ever that is called.

Well in case you have not seen my post Very Disappointing Day from this Tuesday 24/01 my dealer told me then that nothing is to be done about this bulge in the under tray that its normal and all MG4 come with it.
But looking at the picture from StackH above he’s found one that looks Flat enough to me think I would be happy with that instead of mine #36 above.

£700 to replace it! That explains why MG are not being proactive about replacing bulging under trays.

£700 is likely the retail price including labour ... that's not how much MG would pay a dealer.

The only thing that really matters is the price the customer would have to pay and that was what the member was quoted. What MG pays the dealer isn't really important

Perhaps try reading (carefully) the post I replied to?

I know you're very anti-MG these days, but there comes a point where posts become tiresome. 🙄

I did read it, an my point stands about the price I don't need you to patronise me with the carefully comment thanks, don't read my posts if their tiresome.

It would be nice and light and very tough

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel