Mg4 upgrades

Another question, and thanks as always for your help. Did you have to pay import duty or VAT on arrival? I've not had to for other items I've had from aliexpress, but they were more like £10-20 than £160. Thanks.
I have had a few items from Ali Express only thing I have sometimes to pay is delivery but once ordered nothing else.

One thing I would say is that there are no instructions with the covers. You basically have to work it out for yourself (which is why I made the mistake with the front seat pieces). They could do with a video where someone who knows what they're doing fits a set step by step. It wouldn't even have to be in English, in fact it wouldn't even need to have any sound!

But several people on the forum have fitted them and are available to consult at very affordable rates.

Yeah AliExpress is a good experience if you don't mind waiting a week or two for delivery - the main site Alibaba is based on bulk wholesale orders so you potentially have to worry about import taxes, drop shipping etc etc whereas AliExpress is for single consumer orders and the price you see should be the price you pay for it to arrive at your door. I've got a treasure trove of random MG4 bits sitting here waiting to be applied once the actual car arrives.

No, I had no tax or anything like that. The pieces just showed up (Parcelforce I think) in a rather smart zipped bag with encouraging messages on it ("good to decorate your car!") without any fuss at all. Nobody else who has bought these has mentioned any import duty or VAT either.
From, I think January this year, the price from aliexpress includes Vat and import duty paid by them for you. At least this is the case in the EU, as it was forced on them by the EU, I think the Uk govenment applied the same rules so I believe is the same to the UK.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back