MG5 Apple CarPlay keeps dropping out

Rob Healy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I recently upgraded to an MG5 FL and have been having problems with CarPlay dropping out (more frequently than it used to on my HS PHEV).

Sometimes this happens when the right/left turn cameras activated onscreen, so I’ve temporarily disabled that function and on other occasions it just randomly drops out. I’m using the same Carlink 3 that I used previously.
I’ve also had similar issues when using a brand new official iPhone lightning cable so am at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions please?

I recently upgraded to an MG5 FL and have been having problems with CarPlay dropping out (more frequently than it used to on my HS PHEV).

Sometimes this happens when the right/left turn cameras activated onscreen, so I’ve temporarily disabled that function and on other occasions it just randomly drops out. I’m using the same Carlink 3 that I used previously.
I’ve also had similar issues when using a brand new official iPhone lightning cable so am at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions please?
I am using the cable that came with the phone and I have notice the car is sensitive. Even though the lightening can be used either way round I noticed it is happy one one but tends to drop randomly the other way round.

How that helps

Don't know if this is the same issue, but for what it's worth, I recently hired a car and found Android Auto kept dropping out. After a bit of digging I discovered it doesn't like having different cars connected in the app, removing my own car and the previous one sorted it. Then deleted the hire car before reinstalling mine. I know it's not Apple but might be worth a try.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom