MG5 Roof rails decorative only

The MG roof bars are made by Mont Blanc, out of what must presumably (given the price) be a combination of Unobtanium and Myrrh. :LOL: They are also guaranteed to be compatible with the other accessories which MG sell (eg. Bike carriers which fit in the T-Tracks etc).

The Aldi/Lidl ones tend to be quite noisy (not very well profiled for aerodynamics), but otherwise functional.
If it's a whistle, just tuck a length of hose, rubber tubing etc into the slot underneath. Seemed to work well on mine. You'll probably only need to do the front one.

The MG roof bars are made by Mont Blanc, out of what must presumably (given the price) be a combination of Unobtanium and Myrrh. :LOL: They are also guaranteed to be compatible with the other accessories which MG sell (eg. Bike carriers which fit in the T-Tracks etc).

The Aldi/Lidl ones tend to be quite noisy (not very well profiled for aerodynamics), but otherwise functional.
Hi Miles maybe just maybe with the Mont Blanc bars you won’t need anything extra to fit them
But the Aldi/Lidi ones you may need the extra bits this guy as used in this video on after market bars
Play the video from the start and pay Particular Attention from around the time of 2 mins 50 seconds 2:50
If someone had come up with this idea before there would be no need for any letters from MG motors LOL he as got to be joking and this is on a ZS better get something stronger for the 5 LOL
Les

Hi Miles maybe just maybe with the Mont Blanc bars you won’t need anything extra to fit them
But the Aldi/Lidi ones you may need the extra bits this guy as used in this video on after market bars
Play the video from the start and pay Particular Attention from around the time of 2 mins 50 seconds 2:50
If someone had come up with this idea before there would be no need for any letters from MG motors LOL he as got to be joking and this is on a ZS better get something stronger for the 5 LOL
Les

My Lidl bars (Brio) fit just fine.

Hey hey. Guess what? Yup. Letter but no addendum. Spoke to a delightful young lady on the number in the letter, who has promised to organise one (not holding my breath).
Hi fluffykins, Ranger, MikeZ and all MG5 owners hey hey HEY my letter as also just dropped on the mat again no amendment page for the hand book, addressed to whom it my concern, dated 14/05/2021 and a change of SEX !!!
( don’t go there ) I am now a Miss Leslie Burrows been a Master or Mister for the past 75yrs some good news address was right so it got here.

This letter of mine along with your letters and others forum members plus letters being sent out to Excite owners goes to show how poor the admin is at MG Motors is but some one has had a kick up the backside since I got in touch with the DVSA again on Monday.
The letters in my opinion should have had the reg and vin numbers of the vehicle at least on that letter and I will writing to MG and tell them just that on everyone’s behalf.
Was that a 5/10 ranger or was it a 2? the dealers must be fuming to some degree also, it can’t be great trying to sell cars which have this kind of Incompetence from the manufacturer but I suppose the cars sell themselves with the price point if you are changing to EV most other makes are much more expensive when you compare like for like and only MG as an estate in this price range.
Les ( MR ) to you lot thank you

Edit at last now we have something to comfirm our insurance if there was a problem but I Urge you to stay within the 35kg total or insurance might be voided
Les

Last edited:
I'm gonna put tinsel on my rails at Christmas just to mess with MGs heads..

Do I claim my five pounds for being a Mr?!
Had mine as well, less the included ( that’s provided with the letter) addendum page! 😂
Some ones for an ass whopping!
Well done MG, at least you are consistent 😆

Is this addendum available on the website where you can download the manual ?

Is this addendum available on the website where you can download the manual ?
Hi Kithmo I don’t see it anywhere but it should be with your letter as it states
This morning I have written to the person who has signed the letters to express our feelings about it copy enclosed

This is FAO
Harvey France
Head of after sales & parts
I am writing on behalf of many owners and members of the MGEVs community to express my /our disgust at the letter you are sending out to owners of the MG5 vehicles
This letter is concerning the roof rails as fitted to the exclusive model only and the weight carrying capacity 35kg of these rails
You say in the letter there is an addendum page to be inserted in the handbook no such page has been received by anyone as far as I know also in my opinion the Reg & Vin numbers should have been included on these letters
Even owners who own the Excite model which was never fitted with roof rails have received these letters .
Me and others have also had a Gender change also I am Male Mister ,and not a Miss as address in you letter
In case your not aware I am the owner who took this issue to the DVSA in December of 2020 and have had some very poor dealings with your head office administration in the past ,I can see things have not improved much and your customers relations need to be much better if your company is to be at the forefront of the EV revolution, very soon there will be lots of other brands to choose from and people will do just that if they see these type of comments
Im sure you are aware of several MG forums on the internet and YouTube with all kinds of things about MG cars being posted on them and I’m sure people are reading and watching these when looking to switch to Electric Motoring and some one from MG should also watch and listen to what owners are saying.
Yours sincerely
Les Burrows
MG5 owner

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom