Miles/kWh

October report 4.5 Miles per kWh 0.2 down on September

Attachments

• 20211031_180858.jpg
    20211031_180858.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 166
Very impressive for this time of year. I'm not doing a monthly tally but since resetting a few weeks ago I've been getting 4.3, down 0.1 on my January to early October figure

Steady 60 to 65mph, air con on eco, kers3 and ECO, wipers on most of the time, headlights on, heater at 21deg, ambient 8deg, heavy rain, windy, fan high for condensation. (Over last 400 miles ) gives 3.3m/kwh. Was getting 4.2 in summer with most of that lot turned off. Still a lot lot cheaper than prehistoric plankton.

Just coming up to one full year of ownership and have averaged 3.7miles per kWh.
I think it is good that people are willing to do test runs to try to achieve great figures for individual trips.
I am an old fart who can’t be bothered checking the economy on each individual journey but I am delighted with my annual figure in mixed weather and roads.

Just coming up to one full year of ownership and have averaged 3.7miles per kWh.
I think it is good that people are willing to do test runs to try to achieve great figures for individual trips.
I am an old fart who can’t be bothered checking the economy on each individual journey but I am delighted with my annual figure in mixed weather and roads.

Same 3.7 here after 12k miles. My range is dropping a little with the temperature (I think) but still getting 210ish miles.

Over 2k now done since Resetting trip at the beginning of October dropped to 3.9m/kwh😐
Also got percentage down to single digits 😁
IMG_20211107_171209.jpg

130 miles mostly motorway at 70ish returned 3.4miles per kwh today.

Heaters/ac on 24c and outside temp 7c.

It felt effortless apart from the donuts who decided to cut into my lane at the last minute.

Ps. Ended up on 27% and showing 60 miles left- heater turned off at this point and on eco kers3

Just been to Scotland.
Here's some pics of extremes of driving in the highlands.
I did see as low as 1.5 miles per kW but didn't take a pic of that.

Attachments

• IMG_20211126_201713.jpg
    IMG_20211126_201713.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20211126_201602.jpg
    IMG_20211126_201602.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 133
Wow that's good, mine is 3.4m/kWh. It's been a few really cold mornings
I work nights so I've only had one full defrost with everything on full blast. I've got an excite which I believe has two advantages. Firstly the heating system is manual so it's easier to control how much power it's using and secondly it's the lightest car in the range.

I work nights so I've only had one full defrost with everything on full blast. I've got an excite which I believe has two advantages. Firstly the heating system is manual so it's easier to control how much power it's using and secondly it's the lightest car in the range.
And less turbulence from the roof rails :LOL: I knew Excite was the right one to go for (y)

Managed 3.1 miles/kWh early on Saturday morning. Inverness --> Aviemore --> Boat of Garten (37 miles). Pitch dark at first (days are short here) but wintry throughout, so lights on, heater on 25C, heated rear window at times, wipers on, demist at times, satnav on. Speed average 30mph - around 55mph leaving Inverness, down to 12mph by the time we reached Slochd summit. Mostly in falling snow, at Slochd a complete white-out blizzard, and not a particle of grit on the road. Very impressed with how the car coped.

1638775452815.png

I was so impressed with my standard MG5 that I decided to upgrade to a Long Range. The only problem was that the only one available at the right price (i.e. sub £25k) was in Portsmouth and I live in Carlisle 😆
Anyway, being entitled to free train travel I picked it up yesterday and I'm definitely impressed with the upgrades.
From fully charged I got to Lymm Services (230 miles) with 10 miles still showing, where my last one would never go more than 180 miles at motorway speeds, and a 25-minute charge costing £9 with Gridserve while I grabbed a coffee and a sandwich got it back up to 60% which easily got me the 120 miles home. I've never seen anything gobble up electricity like it - definitely charges a lot quicker than my previous MG5.
I would normally stop for this length of time on a 350 mile trip anyway, so it does kinda blow a hole it the theory that EV owners have to "stand around forever" waiting for their cars to charge!
Full journey figures posted below. Incidentally the trip was at around 10 degrees centigrade dropping as it got late, using lights, wipers and heater for the second leg.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-215833_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-215833_Messenger.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 123
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom