• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New (late 2021) ZS EV

I lost the plastic surround off the radar sensor (don't know how or where) ordered one on the monday afternoon . Dealer rang me first thing wednesday to say a replacement had arrived, I thought that less than 48 hours was pretty good service. P.S. Cost me £5!

You are right. In my enthusiasm I mixed up top spec with top range. :(
I was of the opinion that the new face lift ZS EV would come in two spec's and two different battery size versions.
BUT - The first batch of cars entering the UK would be only be available in the lager battery size of 72 kw/h's.
Not sure if they will be available in both SE and top spec Trophy versions though ????.
SE being similar to the Excite spec on the original model and Trophy being similar to the original Exclusive spec on the first Gen cars.

Good view/run through of the infotainment. States this is a Luxury model at 32k euros .(£27k ish)

I can't make out if those are actually alloy wheels or some sort of wheel covers, which I wouldn't expect on the top of the range model.

You are funny…your trying again for another reaction aren’t you…
No, honestly, I've stared at those wheels far too many times now and still can't figure out what they are.

Simple common sense tells me they must be alloys, must be a trick of the light.

Not trying for another reaction, I've already created one thread too many where I spend the day in the stocks. All are welcome.

😥

Official description mentions something about hub caps I thought. I recall thinking that was quite odd and I do agree...I can't tell what I'm looking at lol

I can't make out if those are actually alloy wheels or some sort of wheel covers, which I wouldn't expect on the top of the range model.
Oh, you're right. They do look like covers rather than alloys. How strange.

I totally agree !.
I have said almost the very same thing in another thread.
If the new Gen 2 / Face lift top spec 71 Kw option nudges even CLOSE to the £35,000 ceiling mark, which is the limit to receive the government grant.
Then when MG increases their prices in Jan of next year, as they have already stated.
This could effectively make the car £2,500 more expensive straight from the “Get Go”.
Therefore MG have to be careful when pricing the model with the larger pack and in the top trim level.
Otherwise, it has pushed the price into a sector where there is more choice of EV’s on offer.
The Gen1 ZS EV sold SO well because the pricing structure & incentives where extremely hard to match by other makers.
MG understands where their market strength / customer base is situated.
They must retain this place in the market to stay successful.
Just to play devils advocate, what car would people go for if the price goes over £35,000, there’s plenty to choose from. 👺

I'm gonna say they're alloys. You can just make out the disc hub, caliper and the valve that sits in the wheel. It also looks as though there is a complex, star shaped hub cover (MG logo as the centre) concealing the wheel bolts.

I'm gonna say they're alloys. You can just make out the disc hub, caliper and the valve that sits in the wheel. It also looks as though there is a complex, star shaped hub cover (MG logo as the centre) concealing the wheel bolts.
The end result is very attractive in any event.

Just to play devils advocate, what car would people go for if the price goes over £35,000, there’s plenty to choose from. 👺
It'll be back to the Enyaq for me... And some more time to save for the initial deposit to keep the monthly PCP payments down.

Similar will apply if they price it under £35k but decide to remove the 0% or the PicG changes to much!

The end result is very attractive in any event.
I have taken another look at a few videos, I am unable to tell if they are covers or alloys ?.
Unable to detect any break in the face of the wheel to access the wheel bolts.
Unless it has a really fancy design of cover that hides the wheel bolts ?.

It'll be back to the Enyaq for me... And some more time to save for the initial deposit to keep the monthly PCP payments down.

Similar will apply if they price it under £35k but decide to remove the 0% or the PicG changes to much!
I spent a bit of time on the Enyaq 'build your car' thing this afternoon just trying to get a spec that compared with the facelift ZS and got so depressed that I did indeed consider just keeping my Outlander.

The Enyaq is a rather bigger car than the ZS so it's not a very good comparison.....but....

The Enyaq is a rather bigger car than the ZS so it's not a very good comparison.....but....
Yeah - I agree.
It's not really a good like for like comparison between the ZS EV and the Enyaq.
For one the Enyaq is a much bigger car all round .
Great car, I don't think anybody would argue with that.
But I am thinking it would need to be the "Poverty" spec stripped out version Enyaq model to get even close with the ZS EV face lift price ?.
But let's see what happens in the budget first, ref the Gov grant for EV's, then we will have to wait for the price release on the 1st November for the ZS facelift !.

My fiancé and I are both 6'3" and so need something like a small SUV or larger to be comfortable. I've tried the MG5 for example and just couldn't get my knees anywhere that felt comfortable.

The Enyaq is indeed much bigger, but I don't know anything else in the sub 35k bracket that would be big enough.

I'd welcome suggestions.

Ironically, I was originally looking at an Enyaq and that's how I found MG5 and then the ZS!

Went to take a look on the Enyaq and they asked me 30 weeks for the delivery. So regardless of the price this for me is a no go anyway. Tbh think considering grant and next years discount ZS final price will sit on 30k 31k max bracket. Earlier this year I had a chat with a guy from MG and he mention that every year MG has a different promotion. First was the home charger free then they come up with the 750 for test drive that now they are giving just for filling the form on website. Maybe next year will be something similar.

I wonder what the alloys look like without the covers on ?

My fiancé and I are both 6'3" and so need something like a small SUV or larger to be comfortable. I've tried the MG5 for example and just couldn't get my knees anywhere that felt comfortable.

The Enyaq is indeed much bigger, but I don't know anything else in the sub 35k bracket that would be big enough.

I'd welcome suggestions.

Ironically, I was originally looking at an Enyaq and that's how I found MG5 and then the ZS!
Did you extend the telescopic steering wheel adjustment out on the 5 ?

I wonder what the alloys look like without the covers on ?
Looked at the video again this morning on my larger pc monitor and don't know how I've previously missed the screen caption "17 alloy rim with hubcap" and you can see, particularly in the shot of the rear wheel what looks like an alloy wheel underneath.

Does beg the question about what the wheels look like without the hubcaps

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom