New MG4 Cost

Yup ... £1,000 increase across the board, so the SE SR now starts at £26,995. (By buying when I did I have effectively got free metallic paint, free 3-years servicing and first MOT, plus £60). ;) #GlassHalfFull

Interesting how the body of the link that you posted still shows the old price.

Yup ... £1,000 increase across the board, so the SE SR now starts at £26,995. (By buying when I did I have effectively got free metallic paint, free 3-years servicing and first MOT, plus £60). ;) #GlassHalfFull

Good positive way to view it if bought in 2022. For me it's like having the debatable G3 paint protection for free, delivery free, admin free, registration free and bit off of my egregious 'value added' tax bill too.

I admire your positive outlook.

Good positive way to view it if bought in 2022. For me it's like having the debatable G3 paint protection for free, delivery free, admin free, registration free and bit off of my egregious 'value added' tax bill too.
Your welcome😉 I take all forms of payment as commission 👍.
Obviously joking glad you got it sorted

The new Apr rate coupled with the £1000 rise hasn't half bumped up the potential monthly PCP price

The new Apr rate coupled with the £1000 rise hasn't half bumped up the potential monthly PCP price
Wow, just looked out of interest. If you put 2k down on a Trophy you end up paying 8k over the asking price, Put 1k down and you end up paying back slightly more

There a glitch on the system at the moment, only 8000 pa is giving an accurate monthly figure at the moment below and above is about £100+ more

The increases will impact sales I think, unless discounts start to trickle back.
I think you right the PCP figures are what a lot of people look at, unless the do a discount, that brings a trophy to within just under £50 a month less than some rivals.

I think you right the PCP figures are what a lot of people look at, unless the do a discount, that brings a trophy to within just under £50 a month less than some rivals.
Is this working to the assumption that price increases don't occur with other makes?

This is working on current prices, Apr rates and the fact that two of the dealers I compared give a better PX value. I know for a fact from my own and at least 4 other people, some of whom are members here, have got on average £1000 more PX from other manufacturers than MG.

An MG 4 Trophy with grey paint, 8000 miles pa, £200 cash deposit and £4000 PX will now cost £428 a month. According to MG's finance tool on the website

This is working on current prices, Apr rates and the fact that two of the dealers I compared give a better PX value. I know for a fact from my own and at least 4 other people, some of whom are members here, have got on average £1000 more PX from other manufacturers than MG.
Renault announced in December that In January 2023 they will be increasing all their pricing the Mégane E-tech will increase by €2,300 per trim.

Ford have announced all their cars will be increasing in cost between £21 for the Ka to £2,195 for the mustang-e.

Kia has announced prices will be increasing inline with inflation at the end of January for each respective market.

Agree, I think the drive to move us all into a world of EVs' needs to be seen as an affordable one. Right now things appear to be going in the wrong direction.
Yeh I agree £1000 increase has been forecast for a while so that plus the still to come RFL being put on EV plus the cost of charging on the road and at home that many have seen some massive increases of late looks like the bubble may well burst sooner or later if more isn’t done to encourage the take up of EVs
Les.

Renault announced in December that In January 2023 they will be increasing all their pricing the Mégane E-tech will increase by €2,300 per trim.

Ford have announced all their cars will be increasing in cost between £21 for the Ka to £2,195 for the mustang-e.

Kia has announced prices will be increasing inline with inflation at the end of January for each respective market.
Renault Mégane already had it's UK price increase it went up £1000 on the 9th of November last uear
Can't speak for for ford or Kia..

As I said I'm going on current prices and the deals that are there as Cocijo said they will need to start introducing some discounts or they will lose potential trophy customers to other brands.
The SR and SE LR as still real value when you look at them..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back