New MG4 Cost

The only people seeing a real (financial) benefit from EVs are company car drivers who also get reimbursed for business mileage. (2% BIK tax on EVs, with no RFL, insurance or maintenance costs).

For arguments sake going on the figures I posted above.
Trophy 8000 miles £428 a month.

Cupra Born V2 which has everything but 360 that a trophy has, and a hud.
10000pa £470 a month and I went on an assumption that you'd end up with £1000 more PX from Cupra, that I have evidence off being the case.

The point I'm making is that the Trophy, with the price rise and Apr rise has got a lot closer in price to more established makes.

If you are still in a position to be a cash buyer then your in a strong position but £42 a month more for PCP isn't a huge amount.

As I've said This is specific to the trophy the other two are still great value and pretty much don't have any real like for like competition at their price points.

Is this working to the assumption that price increases don't occur with other makes?
They do of course, and it is are happening. I think they will all see reduced interest in sales, if they have high APR % and don’t offer concessions on PCP.

New car discount website offering a £1569 discount on a Trophy, decent if your a cash buyer or got your own finance as theirs is 11%

Screenshot_20230104-105852.jpg

The discounting has started!
Looking like it, but cancelled out by their ridiculous PCP rate,
Just have to organise your own.

Yes - I think it’s in anticipation of the BOE interest rates being increased again soon…

Hi
I am curious, given my experience with ordering an MG4 Trophy yesterday, I have a query regarding the cost of a new MG4

The web site, mg. co .uk clearly states the cost of an MG4 Trophy in Dynamic Red as £32,190 (I assume this includes VAT).

My question is, is that a guide price and the dealer can actually charge what they want, or is that the price (on MG's site) full stop ?
I have just noticed that it's not just the basic prices that have changed. The PCP deals have changed as well. The quotes I'm getting now compared to before Christmas look as if they have increased monthly cost but then less as a balloon payment at the end. Also the declared mileage. Now pretty much anything over 8000 pa shows the same monthly increase whether you state 12000, 14000 or 16000. It's certainly making me think twice about ordering now as the monthly payments I had before for a white SE standard range of around £270 is now around £355!! The difference is that the final balloon payment has gone down from £12.5k to around £7k.

I have just noticed that it's not just the basic prices that have changed. The PCP deals have changed as well. The quotes I'm getting now compared to before Christmas look as if they have increased monthly cost but then less as a balloon payment at the end. Also the declared mileage. Now pretty much anything over 8000 pa shows the same monthly increase whether you state 12000, 14000 or 16000. It's certainly making me think twice about ordering now as the monthly payments I had before for a white SE standard range of around £270 is now around £355!! The difference is that the final balloon payment has gone down from £12.5k to around £7k.
Take a look at post #51. But the prices are going to rise sharply as the APR applies to the full amount.

There was certainly an issue yesterday with the finance calculator on the MG site

Just flicking through Autotrader there are now quite a few MG4 on there showing c£1200 discounts. I appreciate that until you make contact this might be click bait but they look like new adds. If this continues I feel a repositioning of my order coming on…

There was certainly an issue yesterday with the finance calculator on the MG site
I have a second test drive with my wife this Friday so I will just discuss it in person with the dealer. The fact that it appears that they have loaded the costs up front monthly and reduced the final payment may be fine for some people but it has literally added £90 month to the prices I saw before Christmas.

I have a second test drive with my wife this Friday so I will just discuss it in person with the dealer. The fact that it appears that they have loaded the costs up front monthly and reduced the final payment may be fine for some people but it has literally added £90 month to the prices I saw before Christmas.
I posted the same above, the new PCP figures are moving the trophy to within £40 of a month difference to a V2 Cupra

Might not be of much interest in UK, but in Norway the government has put gas car weight tax on EVs. + vat. On cars costing over 500000NOK (only the part over 500k) / 47K EUR.
This has increased the price of the MG4 Luxury/Trophy to 333000NOK / 31325EUR.
Stil cheaper to buy EVs thoug.

Thanks, my concern when I reviewed the invoice is the car was listed at base cost, so £27,323.75, they then added the admin fee and delivery fee and G3 paint fee, then calculated the VAT for the sub total on all that together, then added the registration fee for the total value

So unless you sit down and do the sums, very hard to gauge when you are sat at desk in the showroom with a sales person.

If I take what's on the site (mg site) and do the same sums (same colour) the price comes out some £598 cheaper.

I have contacted the dealer for an explanation
I ordered a Trophy in white in October and my base price is £25,911.25. So what is the true base price of the Trophy in a none cost colour?

The only people seeing a real (financial) benefit from EVs are company car drivers who also get reimbursed for business mileage. (2% BIK tax on EVs, with no RFL, insurance or maintenance costs).

Some Employers are better than others I suppose. I am self employed but been contracted full time to the same outlet for many years...

On days I pick up shifts (12 Hours).. They pay 45p a mile for the 280 Miles to Central London and back..(140 each way).. They pay Congestion Charge and Parking costs despite not needing to pay them in an EV (They say its a fixed contracted payment no matter the vehicle driven)

So Before Starting Work thats £126 + £25 + £80 a shift. I only tend to do about 120 shifts a year now but thats still £27k a year towards the car... So EVs are a no brainer.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel