New MG4 Shipment?

Woo Hoo! Just had a call from my dealer. My car is in the country and they are expecting delivery before the end of the year.
Luckily it sounds like I've got a proactive dealer. I asked about the oil breather and they are fitting the modified pipe as part of the PDI as they've already had one customer's driveway lubricated. They are also updating all the software.

Woo Hoo! Just had a call from my dealer. My car is in the country and they are expecting delivery before the end of the year.
Luckily it sounds like I've got a proactive dealer. I asked about the oil breather and they are fitting the modified pipe as part of the PDI as they've already had one customer's driveway lubricated. They are also updating all the software.
Good news Ian! It’s also reassuring that your dealer is fitting the modified breather in the PDI. Looking forward to seeing the pics in the not too distant future.

It’s definitely a car worth waiting for, it drives incredibly and turns head when it’s parked up - our ZS was great but this has solved all of the grumbles we had with it so I can only imagine the EVs they sell in the future will be even better!

You lucky thing, enjoy!

We have been told ours has landed but do I believe it. Cars2 and the truth in one sentence rarely happens
I got my Orange from Grimsby out of the first batch so I've had it now about 3 months.
I've never had an EV before and the only test drive I had was in a ZS EV.
I have had a couple of what I would call minor issues but overall, I enjoy driving the car.
I found it easy to get used to, a very sweet drive and enjoy every minute I'm in it. I do not begrudge it anything. I use heated seats, heated steering wheel and air conditioning when ever I feel the need. I love it !!!
If you want to enjoy the experience I'm in Hoyland and would be happy to share the thrill.

I got my Orange from Grimsby out of the first batch so I've had it now about 3 months.
I've never had an EV before and the only test drive I had was in a ZS EV.
I have had a couple of what I would call minor issues but overall, I enjoy driving the car.
I found it easy to get used to, a very sweet drive and enjoy every minute I'm in it. I do not begrudge it anything. I use heated seats, heated steering wheel and air conditioning when ever I feel the need. I love it !!!
If you want to enjoy the experience I'm in Hoyland and would be happy to share the thrill.
Good for you.

I pre-ordered a blue trophy in early August. My dealer said I was #3 on his waiting list for the MG4.
The order books actually opened August 19th, which means that today is the end of week 15 for me.
The dealer hasn't made contact since inviting me to drive their demo car months ago.
Similar story here, blue trophy ordered, deposit paid mid-August. 4th to order a MG4 from them, first to order a blue trophy. Dealership have now admitted to screwing up and no-one actually ordered until there was a change of personnel that realised the error… when no cars arrived from the first boatload. Expecting to receive some time in January now. But they’re rubbish at contacting us, we have to do all the chasing.

Similar story here, blue trophy ordered, deposit paid mid-August. 4th to order a MG4 from them, first to order a blue trophy. Dealership have now admitted to screwing up and no-one actually ordered until there was a change of personnel that realised the error… when no cars arrived from the first boatload. Expecting to receive some time in January now. But they’re rubbish at contacting us, we have to do all the chasing.
Blue trophy seems to be particularly rare, hopefully in January when MG start actually allocating from order books instead of just giving dealers random cars
I'm sure Milles said on one of the podcasts that the priority orders counted for nothing (I think he quoted Chorley group had 81) and they initially believed the would be fulfilled first, turned into a totally random process with a lot of luck.

On 27/12 I was told 16 weeks. But the dealer said that was what MG UK were quoting. I will be pleasantly surprised if that was it because the reports from China are that COVID is having an effect on their economy.
Just got to cross fingers and wait.

Blue trophy seems to be particularly rare, hopefully in January when MG start actually allocating from order books instead of just giving dealers random cars
I'm sure Milles said on one of the podcasts that the priority orders counted for nothing (I think he quoted Chorley group had 81) and they initially believed the would be fulfilled first, turned into a totally random process with a lot of luck.
Yeah, but if they’d actually requested any from MG then they might have been lucky and got a blue trophy… rather than not even having a demo for over a month after release 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, but if they’d actually requested any from MG then they might have been lucky and got a blue trophy… rather than not even having a demo for over a month after release 🤦‍♂️
Mate as far as I understood from what Miles said every dealer got at least one or two to begin with and was just a lottery thereafter. MG apparently wanted to make sure every dealers received some stock.
I know there were a delay in some having demos but the dealers had no input in what they received it was all controlled by MG

Hi all, new to the MG4 forum. I just ordered mine today through work scheme.

MG4 Trophy Long range
Dynamic red

I am interested to find out latest lead times and would like to stay tuned with shipping updates. Quite looking forward to receiving it sooner 😊

MG4 Trophy Long range
Dynamic red

I am interested to find out latest lead times
hi - I ordered exactly that same spec through my work scheme (via Octopus EV) at the end of October and they gave me an expected delivery date of September! I queried it with them because I'd never seen anyone else mention such a long lead time but they said that's what they were being advised. I ended up switching to a 'pre-ordered' SR instead, which is due first week in March (in theory).

MG4 Trophy Long range
Dynamic red

I am interested to find out latest lead times and would like to stay tuned with shipping updates. Quite looking forward to receiving it sooner 😊
Good choice. I guess that you’ve had to swallow the increase in price?

MG4 Trophy Long range
Dynamic red

I ordered mine last week through a dealer, they have specified a delivery date of May 13th for mine. Same car and colour as yours.... Great minds eh ! :)

I'm sure there was mention of work schemes having slightly longer lead times than individual buyers, some of the recent ones have been quoted 16-20 weeks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back