New MG4 Shipment?

hi - I ordered exactly that same spec through my work scheme (via Octopus EV) at the end of October and they gave me an expected delivery date of September! I queried it with them because I'd never seen anyone else mention such a long lead time but they said that's what they were being advised. I ended up switching to a 'pre-ordered' SR instead, which is due first week in March (in theory).
Thanks for the info. I am still waiting official quoted delivery date from them. Let's see what they say!

Good choice. I guess that you’ve had to swallow the increase in price?
Yes that's right. I had to pay for the more than I would have. In fact paid more that ZS EV trophy that I placed ordered, which I had to cancel due to timeline issues.

I'm sure there was mention of work schemes having slightly longer lead times than individual buyers, some of the recent ones have been quoted 16-20 weeks
Ooouch, I hope not let's see how it span out🤞

Does anyone tracking on this thread about upcoming potential shipments?

Yes that's right. I had to pay for the more than I would have. In fact paid more that ZS EV trophy that I placed ordered, which I had to cancel due to timeline issues.
I think you’ll like the MG4

Does anyone tracking on this thread about upcoming potential shipments?
The dealers don’t even seem to know!

The dealers don’t even seem to know

Feels like a bit of a double edge in that on one hand they quoted me three months for delivery of my Trophy Fizzy Volcanic Orange and on the other, the longer we wait the better chance of issues being resolved before collection.

The dealers don’t even seem to know!
my thought too - rang mine today who said they are waiting on a delivery and no idea when that delivery might be - I wanted to discuss it further with them but couldn't think of anything to say or ask that might get me any further information

wouldn't it be funny if we could tell them about any ships due in?

my thought too - rang mine today who said they are waiting on a delivery and no idea when that delivery might be - I wanted to discuss it further with them but couldn't think of anything to say or ask that might get me any further information

wouldn't it be funny if we could tell them about any ships due in?
Let’s face it - we seem to telling them about everything else MG!

Called mine today (Bulldog Twyford). Said the fact I was an August order means nothing and all early orders are now classed as October. Should have an update mid Jan.

Couldn't be bothered to say a lot really. Just hope they might communicate a bit more than absolutely zero, going forward.

They probably don't even know MG stands for More Glitches or was it Missed Glory :confused:
Stretching it a bit with this one......

Missing Gearbox-oil 😉

Some of you might be interested in this post I did for ZS EV shipping thread assuming all cars come on same ro-ro ship. As per the article mentioned below before the end year UK should have got good supply. Let's see if are they still started trickling through to dealers for deliveries of not.

Post in thread 'Shipping Updates' Shipping Updates

Last edited:
Any idea how to work out which vessels could be carrying MG4’s?…I can see ’Nabucco’ is due in Bristol on 8th January, and it has been at Lianyungang Port in China 4-6 December. Wonder if it’s carrying any…

Any idea how to work out which vessels could be carrying MG4’s?…I can see ’Nabucco’ is due in Bristol on 8th January, and it has been at Lianyungang Port in China 4-6 December. Wonder if it’s carrying any…

I haven't got much experience to be honest. Though in other thread there were people able to track it based on like you have identified right ports from China to UK, duration of time a ship in port (cause this can tell you was it just off-loading or loaded more cars on board specially at the Chinese ports), starting port being China would have more chance it might be SAIC/MG then rest of other brands. Though there are many German brands have factories in China too.

There are few more vehicle carriers are scheduled at Bristol. We need someone with more experience to dig a bit deeper in to it :p

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I haven't got much experience to be honest. Though in other thread there were people able to track it based on like you have identified right ports from China to UK, duration of time a ship in port (cause this can tell you was it just off-loading or loaded more cars on board specially at the Chinese ports), starting port being China would have more chance it might be SAIC/MG then rest of other brands. Though there are many German brands have factories in China too.

There are few more vehicle carriers are schedule at Bristol. We need someone with more experience to dig a bit deeper in to it :p

View attachment 14301
Thanks for that. Yep, need someone with shipping know-how to do the detective work!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back