New MG4 Shipment?

I ordered a MG4 SE LR Holborn Blue on the 7th Sept. Told the usual delivery dates which got extended every time I asked.
Then was told in Dec they had been allocated a SE SR in Blue.
I haven’t had a car since August, so re-evaluated what I needed and decided to change my order and get the SR..
this was delivered on the 9th Jan and I picked it up today.
looking at the CoC, Certificate of Conformity, date of manufacture is the 10/12/22. I take it this would be 12th Oct 2022. So Three months from build to delivery.
An interesting thing the salesman did say was I had made a good choice as it seems MG aren’t making SE LR going forward. They will have the SE SR and Trophy only.
not sure how existing orders for SE LR will stand here If it is true.
Watch this space.
Can't understand that, as surely the body shell for the SE-SR & SE-LR are exactly the same its only the battery that's the major difference!!🤷

If that's the case Its looking like May before I see my car 😭
To be fair,if I had been willing to be flexible on colour and spec and been prepared to ring around dealers I would be in a car by now, but I own several vehicles and have been happy to see how various reported issues are dealt with before taking the plunge.

Eventually a suitable car will turn up. A new MG4 is still favourite but the market evolves so something else or perhaps a lightly used Tesla 3 remain possibilities if MG don't pull their finger out.

I had a call from MG Wakefield today to let us know that we can expect our new MG4 mid to late march which we ordered in December. Anyone else getting MG4s any earlier?

To be fair,if I had been willing to be flexible on colour and spec and been prepared to ring around dealers I would be in a car by now, but I own several vehicles and have been happy to see how various reported issues are dealt with before taking the plunge.

Eventually a suitable car will turn up. A new MG4 is still favourite but the market evolves so something else or perhaps a lightly used Tesla 3 remain possibilities if MG don't pull their finger out.
Lol 🤣 MG4 -> tesla3. You seems to have bigger pockets. Tesla 3 is so expensive! Don't get me wrong, Model y is my dream car but really I can't afford. Also MG4 and in general it can't beat value for money compared to MG EVs.

FYI there's already an MG4 Shipment thread. :)

So, I’m new to this sort of thing and have discovered that there is another “thread” regarding my original question (thanks to the site guru). I did see it before but didn’t manage to workout that the new messages are at the bottom! . Oh well, I’m all caught up now. 😁

Lol 🤣 MG4 -> tesla3. You seems to have bigger pockets. Tesla 3 is so expensive! Don't get me wrong, Model y is my dream car but really I can't afford. Also MG4 and in general it can't beat value for money compared to MG EVs.
A used model 3 can now be had for under £30K, yes used but they are coming down by quite a margin at the moment.

On a side note, how is it that the SE-LR (in white) can be seen here with a black roof and privacy glass?
More incorrect spec builds ?

Jester rejected his MG4 and got a used model 3, I'm sure the bit extra he ended up paying was worth it for the extra peace of mind he now has after the hassle of his 2 MG 4' s.

Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more for that bit extra quality, service and communication

A used model 3 can now be had for under £30K, yes used but they are coming down by quite a margin at the moment.

On a side note, how is it that the SE-LR (in white) can be seen here with a black roof and privacy glass?

Must admit it does look tidy, now thinking about getting mine rapped like that.😍

Fair enough, I did notice that it's coming down but still 3/4 year old Tesla model 3 around 50k milage are around ~£430 - £450 pm on PCP financing without service included. That needs to come down to £380-£400 to be competitive to a brand new MG4

Fair enough, I did notice that it's coming down but still 3/4 year old Tesla model 3 around 50k milage are around ~£430 - £450 pm on PCP financing without service included. That needs to come down to £380-£400 to be competitive to a brand new MG4
As @AdeMcG suggests there is a relative glut of M3s coming on to the market as early adopters PCP and lease agreements come to an end. This has resulted in significant reductions to used prices.

Sometimes there isn't a great correlation between sticker (buy now) price and PCP charges. As a cash buyer there is no longer a great difference between a new MG4 trophy and a used M3. That doesn't necessarily mean that the PCP rates will be similar.

Feels like the same experience I had 22 years ago ordering a Ford Puma. Was told it would be 2 months, then 3 months, then 4. Ended up taking 6 months, but was worth the wait.

Tesla Model 3 wouldn't suit me as I need a hatchback for the dog 🐶

Tesla Model 3 wouldn't suit me as I need a hatchback for the dog 🐶
Who does a saloon suit!? They are so restrictive and offer no upside that I can see. The model 3 is even shaped like a hatch?!

Anyway just had first contact ever from dealer about my August 20 order, it's on its way! Expected here beginning of February. Quite uplifting news after nothing and months reading the doom and gloom on here!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back