New MG4 Shipment?

Ordered my MG4 late October, today told it's on the ship, due at the dealer late February just right for new reg in March. 4 months order to delivery.

Bulldog have been very good keeping me up to date.

Ordered my MG4 late October, today told it's on the ship, due at the dealer late February just right for new reg in March. 4 months order to delivery.

Bulldog have been very good keeping me up to date.
That's interesting. This is the first I've heard from Bulldog the whole time! I got told early Feb so must be at least a couple ships they have info on.

I ordered in September and was told January. Called today to find out the latest. Latest is that now they are expecting a delivery around March/April. Unfortanately that was too long for me. Cancelled and ordered a Used 2019 Tesla 3 long range for about Ā£20 a month more than the MG was going to be. Very sad as spent so much time reading reviews and watching videos on the MG and knew it inside & out. Now gonna have to spend even more time working out how a Tesla works :LOL:

I ordered in September and was told January. Called today to find out the latest. Latest is that now they are expecting a delivery around March/April. Unfortanately that was too long for me. Cancelled and ordered a Used 2019 Tesla 3 long range for about Ā£20 a month more than the MG was going to be. Very sad as spent so much time reading reviews and watching videos on the MG and knew it inside & out. Now gonna have to spend even more time working out how a Tesla works :LOL:
That is quite understandable and I am sure you will love your Tesla. Class car.
I too spoke to our dealer today and coincidentally he told me that the MG dealers are experiencing very high demand for the MG4 and that their customers are becoming frustrated at the long waiting times. As are of course the dealers.

Good luck to you.

Ah that's cool in a way for rest of us. Some one will move a position fwd in the quĆ©. šŸ˜Ž

Perfectly reasonable decision under the circumstances, I'm tempted to do the same. Can I ask where you sourced your Tesla from. Was is just the Tesla used inventory?

We have seen that the new price of Teslas has dropped by Ā£7k this morning (whereas MG have increased by Ā£1000 in the past fortnight). I anticipate there will be an adjustment to used Tesla prices too, but that might take a little while to filter through.

Perfectly reasonable decision under the circumstances, I'm tempted to do the same. Can I ask where you sourced your Tesla from. Was is just the Tesla used inventory?

We have seen that the new price of Teslas has dropped by Ā£7k this morning (whereas MG have increased by Ā£1000 in the past fortnight). I anticipate there will be an adjustment to used Tesla prices too, but that might take a little while to filter through.
Of course, nothing special just looked on Auto Trader :LOL: . Henley Cars had a few, they have really good reviews and I can pick up next week or have it delivered another time. I am disapointed as I was really looking forward to the MG but I just don't have the patience to wait that long! Mrs was far more exicted about the idea of a used Tesla than an MG too, it wasnt a hard sell. :ROFLMAO:

Ordered a Trophy in Camden Grey on 25th October. Dealer emailed today saying the car had been built and would soon be shipped - arriving March 23. Original estimated date was end of January 23.
Given the number of posts in the last couple of days on cars being shipped, looks like MG may be building to customer orders at last instead of just stock cars to be allocated to dealers without any reference to specific customer orders.

I ordered a blue Trophy in September and was told delivery would be early January. I emailed the garage today to find out the latest. The salesman phoned me back to say that it would be end of January - middle of February. I am now going for a delivery of March so that I can have a 23 plate.

The salesman was aware of all the current issues and said that the car would b3 free of them.

They did have a grey one in stock but I really want the blue one.

I ordered a blue Trophy in September and was told delivery would be early January. I emailed the garage today to find out the latest. The salesman phoned me back to say that it would be end of January - middle of February. I am now going for a delivery of March so that I can have a 23 plate.

The salesman was aware of all the current issues and said that the car would b3 free of them.

They did have a grey one in stock but I really want the blue one.
The blue colour is really nice. But my wife was not as keen as me. I was not that keen on the grey either because I didn't think it showed off the cars lines.

The blue colour is really nice. But my wife was not as keen as me. I was not that keen on the grey either because I didn't think it showed off the cars lines.
Yeh exactly. Personally I also like contrast that standout with Trophy Red, Blue and orange. The white is standard colour...not personally fancy that much thus I ordered Red which is apparently tri-coat.

Having test driven an MG4 Trophy, my first EV experience, I ordered one yesterday. Salesman showed me the internet forecast for delivery of 16 weeks for all colours other than orange (which is quite a bit longer!). I hadn't intended to change my car until June so it looks as if I may just about meet my intended plan!

Having test driven an MG4 Trophy, my first EV experience, I ordered one yesterday. Salesman showed me the internet forecast for delivery of 16 weeks for all colours other than orange (which is quite a bit longer!). I hadn't intended to change my car until June so it looks as if I may just about meet my intended plan!
Glad that you like the MG4. What is the ā€™internet forecastā€™ that the salesman showed you?

Interesting that orange is on a longer lead time now. While Iā€™ve been waiting for my grey one, my dealer offered me two orange ones last year. I think MG initially sent a high proportion of orange ones. Maybe they are over correcting now.

As someone who pre-ordered, I'm now halfway through week 24 of 16.
Hopefully you will hear positive news soon. Garage called today to confirm my car (blue trophy) should be ready for pick up in just over a week. I also pre-ordered mid-August, EDD at that time was given as early November.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back