New MG4 Shipment?

My dealer called today, fair play they have been calling on the dot each month, this is Acorn in Crewe.

The bad news is it won't be February now but will definitely be by end of March as they now have a build and presumably an allocated VIN although he couldn't provide me with it yet.

A used model 3 can now be had for under £30K, yes used but they are coming down by quite a margin at the moment.

On a side note, how is it that the SE-LR (in white) can be seen here with a black roof and privacy glass?
More incorrect spec builds ?

Oh wait, a new variant has been added to the MG4 line up at this MG dealer....the Black Edition:...WTF?

And from the rear this looks.........Naff.
Sorry Just my opinion.

They did that with the ZS too - got a local company to apply some vinyl Wrap.

Who does a saloon suit!? They are so restrictive and offer no upside that I can see. The model 3 is even shaped like a hatch?!

Anyway just had first contact ever from dealer about my August 20 order, it's on its way! Expected here beginning of February. Quite uplifting news after nothing and months reading the doom and gloom on here!
That’s a good bit of news, but makes me think mine will likely come in early March as I ordered it on September 20th. Let us know how you get on!

Hopefully you will hear positive news soon. Garage called today to confirm my car (blue trophy) should be ready for pick up in just over a week. I also pre-ordered mid-August, EDD at that time was given as early November.
Better late than never and I am sure that the wait will have been worth it.

Another delayed delivery.
Order placed 26 September with a delivery date of January 31st, then before the New Year.
MG informed my dealer yesterday that my car has been built but it won't be in the UK until 28th February with a delivery of 2 to 3 weeks from the docks.
At least it will have the new registration number and arrive with fewer faults 🤞

Despite placing an order in September I'm still awaiting delivery. I could stomach this a little better if my dealer wasn't advertising cars EXACTLY matching my spec and colour on AutoTrader.

As it turns out I now prefer to wait until March when hopefully final issues are resolved and new reg is available. Will also see what the impact on the market is of the Tesla reductions.

Despite placing an order in September I'm still awaiting delivery. I could stomach this a little better if my dealer wasn't advertising cars EXACTLY matching my spec and colour on AutoTrader.

As it turns out I now prefer to wait until March when hopefully final issues are resolved and new reg is available. Will also see what the impact on the market is of the Tesla reductions.
Have you contacted your dealer when you've seen this? As could be they're advertising cars they don't have?

Not a good sign
Indeed. About as promising as this one
h-photo-u1

The lottery system will still happen to those of us who placed orders in September/October and who are still waiting delivery.
I think MG have just updated their delivery times so I'd contact your dealer and ask that they contact MG for a delivery update. I placed my order at the end of September and if mine is anything to go by MG are now building these to order and as I said above my delivery is 28 February into Bristol Docks.

Is there a direct contact at MG to get a definitive update if you had an order number to give them?

Jester rejected his MG4 and got a used model 3, I'm sure the bit extra he ended up paying was worth it for the extra peace of mind he now has after the hassle of his 2 MG 4' s.

Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more for that bit extra quality, service and communication
I am just not ready to buy a Used Tesla Model 3 even for the price of the MG4 SR for 1 year warranty etc, I ll take my chances with the MG4 and the 7 years it offers.

I ordered a blue Trophy in September and was told delivery would be early January. I emailed the garage today to find out the latest. The salesman phoned me back to say that it would be end of January - middle of February. I am now going for a delivery of March so that I can have a 23 plate.

The salesman was aware of all the current issues and said that the car would b3 free of them.

They did have a grey one in stock but I really want the blue one.
WHAT! a car in stock! Quick everyone….. 😉

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel