New MG4 Shipment?

Our dealer is a combined one with Vauxhall and the MG part was noticeably busier. I am counting the days and am hoping that it will be delivered before the end of match.
Fingers crossed it’s not long to go for you either, Buster! 🤞

It looks like that recent delivery had my vehicle on too.
White Trophy
Ordered 01st October

I had the call from the dealer this afternoon, the Car is in country, I have a VIN and a Registration it is currently awaiting transportation (presumably undergoing PDI?)
But he said it should be with me by the end of Feb.

I asked if the oil breather correction has been in effect and if this vehicle would come from the factory with the implemented fix or completed as part of the PDI, he claimed to have not heard of the oil leak issue.

Oh well, I will send him some photos of the issue, the cheap fix (modified breather) and so on.

Now .....where is that snag list... :)
I can’t believe your dealer hasn’t heard of the oil leak issue. 🤨
Here’s @siteguru excellent snag list: http://www.siteguru.co.uk/MG4/MG4_Issues.xlsx

It looks like that recent delivery had my vehicle on too.
White Trophy
Ordered 01st October

I had the call from the dealer this afternoon, the Car is in country, I have a VIN and a Registration it is currently awaiting transportation (presumably undergoing PDI?)
But he said it should be with me by the end of Feb.

I asked if the oil breather correction has been in effect and if this vehicle would come from the factory with the implemented fix or completed as part of the PDI, he claimed to have not heard of the oil leak issue.

Oh well, I will send him some photos of the issue, the cheap fix (modified breather) and so on.

Now .....where is that snag list... :)
What rubbish. Every dealer must know about the MG4 oil issue. Some claim that it was due to overfilling error. But I understand that there is a physical modification suggesting it is more than an error.

Can't believe there are any dealers who have not heard of the leak this is an issue that has rumbled on for over 3 months now, dealers must think people are buttoned up the back!
They might have got away with the lies before the internet but not now, to be fair some of their sales techniques are stuck in the 80's

Can't believe there are any dealers who have not heard of the leak this is an issue that has rumbled on for over 3 months now, dealers must think people are buttoned up the back!
They might have got away with the lies before the internet but not now, to be fair some of their sales techniques are stuck in the 80's
This or they are completely incompetent and read no bulletins. Not sure which is worse.

Apparently the car I ordered back in September is now in the country and will be with the dealer shortly. The dealer has said I can hold off registration until 1st March if I wish but we will have that discussion when I know that it has arrived with the dealer.

He was very sheepish when I asked the situation re the breather. Initially all he would say that it was resolved and I didn't need to worry about it. When pushed, it seems that 'the resolution' is still just to put a bit less oil in it. Couldn't give me an answer as to why MG would go to the trouble of designing a new breather if the problem was purely fill level.

I have explained that since this is clearly a well known issue I expect it to be delivered with the new breather. If supplied with the old breather and it leaks I will submit an invoice for cleaning my drive and for time taken off work to return the car, and retain the option to reject.

At the end of the day it will be simpler and less hassle to all concerned to just fit the chuffing breather if that is shown to fix the problem.

Finally got to pick up my trophy today.

Had a 2 hour drive back from the dealership which was proper enjoyable.

9E337146-11DF-4A10-9908-6E003393433B.jpeg

Looks like your trophy has 360degree camera and rear parking sensors. I thought it just came with the 360degree camera?
Rear sensors as well as the 360 camera. They even tell you how many cm you are from the car behind you.

Looks really good in black! 👌
I think it looks great in black. I’m not a fan of the orange.

Asked dealer for an update as at 12 weeks this week since order, which is when they expected us to have received the car by (white SE LR).

Told "we are seeing more and more cars start to come through from MG, which is good news.We do not have a definitive date for your car as of yet, however we should start to see more information from MG soon."

Pretty vague but I suppose they have little info to work with.

Asked dealer for an update as at 12 weeks this week since order, which is when they expected us to have received the car by (white SE LR).

Told "we are seeing more and more cars start to come through from MG, which is good news.We do not have a definitive date for your car as of yet, however we should start to see more information from MG soon."

Pretty vague but I suppose they have little info to work with.
Dealers usually have no idea where your car is, until it's scanned into MG's computer system on arrival at Portbury docks.

Dealer called me about the MG4 I pre-ordered back in August/Sept or whenever it was, apparently they hadn't logged it on their system that I'd cancelled it and bought an MG5 due to them not being able to give a date.

I'd actually spoken to them about a pre-facelift 5 before cancelling my MG4 order so see if they had any so I think they're just massively disorganised.

Given the other MG dealer in the area were pretty good at sorting out the issues with my 5 I'll probably be using them for servicing instead of this one.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 486 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back