New MG4 Shipment?

@LeeP is correct ... on Facebook both Sam and Robin Luscombe, and @Miles Roberts CG, have stated that the MG registration system is being replaced/revamped, and this is happening over a 2 week period in early February. Therefore people were being given the option of paying for their cars and getting the registration sorted before the system shuts down, and then they could collect their cars at their leisure during the downtime window.

I hope for MG that they don’t use the same software system that they deploy for their cars.

@LeeP is correct ... on Facebook both Sam and Robin Luscombe, and @Miles Roberts CG, have stated that the MG registration system is being replaced/revamped, and this is happening over a 2 week period in early February. Therefore people were being given the option of paying for their cars and getting the registration sorted before the system shuts down, and then they could collect their cars at their leisure during the downtime window.
From what my dealer told me, my car might arrive in the middle of that window.
I guess that means they'll have to sit on it until the system comes back up.

I’ve been told by my dealer that my car should be delivered this week, so hopefully this update starts next week onwards 🤪

This may have something to do with MG's vehicle registration system being replaced in February, and hence not available for 2 weeks!
Not really, they said that because MG had supplied the car in Jan then it must be registered in Jan . Hence why they would have had to take it as a demonstrator if I couldn't make payment in Jan, I offered to wait until the 16th of Feb . Apparently that's MG law.

Not really, they said that because MG had supplied the car in Jan then it must be registered in Jan . Hence why they would have had to take it as a demonstrator if I couldn't make payment in Jan, I offered to wait until the 16th of Feb . Apparently that's MG law.
I don’t for a minute doubt what you were told, but it sounds like sales person speak to me. What if you were away on 2 weeks holiday for example when the car came in, are they really saying that it would then be “tough luck, it’s now a demonstrator”?

I don’t for a minute doubt what you were told, but it sounds like sales person speak to me. What if you were away on 2 weeks holiday for example when the car came in, are they really saying that it would then be “tough luck, it’s now a demonstrator”?
Good point, don't know. They have a good reputation locally, but it did seem a tad unreasonable.

Agreed. We were all set to order an SE LR but when it came to it we decided that we really wanted heated seats having had them in our old BMW i3. So, although it isn't such good value, we went for a Trophy. Every cold day we go out in it we say how glad we are that we did it and we don't regret it for a moment. I'm now also addicted to heated steering wheels!
Agree I have all these things on my Corsa E why would I want to lose them on the MG4 .The Trophy is the only model suitable for me.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give you an update. Had a call from dealer (finally returned my calls), they told me my vehicle is built and enroute to the UK. It should be with them 17th April. I ordered a MG4 Trophy the last week in September.
6.5 months that's a long wait

6.5 months that's a long wait
I know told 16 weeks when I ordered, not happy at all. I traded in my Mini Electric, thinking I'll manage (2 car family) 16 weeks minus holiday for 2 weeks plus Christmas holidays etc. Now thinking April!!! Do I cancel and get my deposit back and look elsewhere for a petrol hybrid??? Especially reading some feedback on here, lots of issues with the MG4...

I know told 16 weeks when I ordered, not happy at all. I traded in my Mini Electric, thinking I'll manage (2 car family) 16 weeks minus holiday for 2 weeks plus Christmas holidays etc. Now thinking April!!! Do I cancel and get my deposit back and look elsewhere for a petrol hybrid??? Especially reading some feedback on here, lots of issues with the MG4...
Yes I was told 16 weeks when I ordered at end of October .The dealer told me its on track for the end of the month but I could wait for the 23 reg if I wanted. Unfortunately I cannot cancel unless I want to lose a £500 non refundable deposit so I am committed to the car .

Your position is similar to mine except I'm expecting delivery mid March. I'm waiting to see if the problems still persist in the cars that have been manufactured since the problems that appeared in the initial deliveries.

Just found out from the dealer that all MG-cars to Europe is first going to Zeebrugge in Belgium and from there to the different countries in Europe. First when the car arrive Zeebrugge dealers in europe know who is getting the car..
When the ship arrive zeebrugge it takes normally 2-4 weeks to delivery to dealers in the different countries in europe.
I just cannot find any of the ships like saic anji phoenix in the list for expected ships in the list.
Anyone have a full list of ships that saic auto use?

Zeebrugge port - incoming wessels

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 487 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel