• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

They use many different ones, the SAIC ships were built for SAIC, but they do not have enough. The 2 ships in bound to the UK as far as I can tell are Tarifa (6th Feb) and Durban Highway (23rd Feb) both at Portbury Docks. Both doing the onward journey of Zeebrugge.

They use many different ones, the SAIC ships were built for SAIC, but they do not have enough. The 2 ships in bound to the UK as far as I can tell are Tarifa (6th Feb) and Durban Highway (23rd Feb) both at Portbury Docks. Both doing the onward journey of Zeebrugge.
I also believe Oregon Highway is another one to keep an eye on due at Portbury Docks on 28th February.

We've had dealer confirmation today that our SE LR ordered beginning of Oct is on ship and due at port 6th Feb (guess that matches up with Tarifa info delboy posted above) and expected at dealership approx 2 weeks after.

Now wondering if thats going to be right in the middle of the MG registration system 'updates' but if so we'll just hold off for the March 1st new reg.

Is it possible that one of the ship have mgs for Norway too?

Seems dealers often don’t know what the case is with the allocation of these cars, or MG are informing them all differently. I’ve seen mention of dealers telling customers when their cars are on a ship, others mention when they’re at a port, and I’ve been told that dealers don’t know what they’re due to get until the boats dock in the UK…what on earth is the correct allocation system supposed to be?…

I
Had a call from our dealer last week, saying that their delivery of 5 MG4’s on the 28th.
They never arrived and todays call confirmed that MG uk still had not emailed them to confirm delivery today / tomorrow.
I have resigned myself to our car coming into stock at the local dealer any time over the next 7 days and + plus having to wait on the registration malady of 2 weeks.
We will most likely wait until 1st March to get ours with a new reg plate.

Just found out from the dealer that all MG-cars to Europe is first going to Zeebrugge in Belgium and from there to the different countries in Europe. First when the car arrive Zeebrugge dealers in europe know who is getting the car..
When the ship arrive zeebrugge it takes normally 2-4 weeks to delivery to dealers in the different countries in europe.
I just cannot find any of the ships like saic anji phoenix in the list for expected ships in the list.
Anyone have a full list of ships that saic auto use?

Zeebrugge port - incoming wessels
i was told by MG dealer in Ireland that a shipment was due in ireland early feb, seine highway left Zeebrugge stopped at southhamton then dublin. would southhamton be a port for MG cars

Hey all,
From across the pond here (Netherlands), while this is mostly a UK focussed group i did notice a few other countries visiting as well and i figured i'd drop in and share some stuff i found out about MG / MG4.

To begin with, i did also order an MG4 Trophy (it's actually called Luxury here instead of Trophy) at 28-Dec-2022. I was told 3-6months delivery at the time, no news about an update since. We have a dutch forum with basically the same vague issues about delivery you guys are reporting. So some of this vagueness is definitly coming from MG, however some of you guys seem to be getting forecasts a bit further into the future than we are.

With the help of those forecasts, some digging someone else did and further digging on my own, i've deducted that most (if not all) cars from MG to Europe are delivered by shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen
On their website they have a promo page <found here>, where at the bottom it says: "Managing the complete EV supply chain for MG Saic"

They also have a nice tool on their website showing the planned shipments for rhoughly the next 3 months for their whole network. The schedule tool is <here>

Most ships enroute here to the UK will indeed also visit Zeebrugge as a stop. It's different everytime which one it stops at first, at first i thought it was mostly UK first but there is no route that is the same it seems. They obviously unload cars with the wheel on the right in the UK and cars with the wheel on the left in Belgium :).

One ship can carry over 7.000 cars and they obviously do not soley carry MG cars, they also ship other brands. I do believe the majority is produced by SAIC or a factory connected to them, however i am not sure of that. Neither does this tell you wether or not you're ordered car is on which ship. But it does give some insight in where the dates come from that the dealerships give you. They seem to line up rhoughly with dates i've seen being posted around over here.

A list of ships to keep an eye on below - which was focussed on deliveries to Belgium, also keep note some still need to pass Shanghai or Lianyungang for loading. I am not 100% sure but so far i'm getting the idea the MG4 model comes from Shanghai, but the ZS EV is coming from Lianyungang.

arrivals already on their way:
~04 FEB Boheme
~05 FEB Tannhauser
~17 FEB Tulane
~19 FEB Don Pasquale (this one seems to match several expected deliveries)
~25 FEB Undine (no UK on this one)

Yet pass china for loading:
~10 MAR Theben (only Belgium planned so far..)
~20 MAR Tirranna
~22 MAR Thalatta
~08 APR Morning Laura (only UK planned so far..)
~11 APR Thermopylae
~12 APR Morning Lynn (no UK on this one)

*i didn't list ships that take a route through the US.

I can't find any to Norway, however there is a connection to Sweden with a secondary transfer from Bremerhaven to Gothenborg. This might be where cars to Sweden go through? or there could be a secondary shipping company taking them to Norway, which will also likely pick-up in Bremerhaven.

Last edited:
My dealer's weekly update email yesterday said that our car had not arrived in time for the registration system shutdown / replacement, so we will be waiting at least 2 more weeks for delivery.

The dealer said they may be able to push registration into March if we want a 23 plate.

Hey all,
From across the pond here (Netherlands), while this is mostly a UK focussed group i did notice a few other countries visiting as well and i figured i'd drop in and share some stuff i found out about MG / MG4.

To begin with, i did also order an MG4 Trophy (it's actually called Luxury here instead of Trophy) at 28-Dec-2022. I was told 3-6months delivery at the time, no news about an update since. We have a dutch forum with basically the same vague issues about delivery you guys are reporting. So some of this vagueness is definitly coming from MG, however some of you guys seem to be getting forecasts a bit further into the future than we are.

With the help of those forecasts, some digging someone else did and further digging on my own, i've deducted that most (if not all) cars from MG to Europe are delivered by shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen
On their website they have a promo page <found here>, where at the bottom it says: "Managing the complete EV supply chain for MG Saic"

They also have a nice tool on their website showing the planned shipments for rhoughly the next 3 months for their whole network. The schedule tool is <here>

Most ships enroute here to the UK will indeed also visit Zeebrugge as a stop. It's different everytime which one it stops at first, at first i thought it was mostly UK first but there is no route that is the same it seems. They obviously unload cars with the wheel on the right in the UK and cars with the wheel on the left in Belgium :).

One ship can carry over 7.000 cars and they obviously do not soley carry MG cars, they also ship other brands. I do believe the majority is produced by SAIC or a factory connected to them, however i am not sure of that. Neither does this tell you wether or not you're ordered car is on which ship. But it does give some insight in where the dates come from that the dealerships give you. They seem to line up rhoughly with dates i've seen being posted around over here.

A list of ships to keep an eye on below - which was focussed on deliveries to Belgium, also keep note some still need to pass Shanghai or Lianyungang for loading. I am not 100% sure but so far i'm getting the idea the MG4 model comes from Shanghai, but the ZS EV is coming from Lianyungang.

arrivals already on their way:
~04 FEB Boheme
~05 FEB Tannhauser
~17 FEB Tulane
~19 FEB Don Pasquale (this one seems to match several expected deliveries)
~25 FEB Undine (no UK on this one)

Yet pass china for loading:
~10 MAR Theben (only Belgium planned so far..)
~20 MAR Tirranna
~22 MAR Thalatta
~08 APR Morning Laura (only UK planned so far..)
~11 APR Thermopylae
~12 APR Morning Lynn (no UK on this one)

*i didn't list ships that take a route through the US.

I can't find any to Norway, however there is a connection to Sweden with a secondary transfer from Bremerhaven to Gothenborg. This might be where cars to Sweden go through? or there could be a secondary shipping company taking them to Norway, which will also likely pick-up in Bremerhaven.
I traced mine onto this ship. It left Shanghai just before I got a notification that it was on the sea and arrives at Portbury 3 weeks before my collection date.

HOEGH BERLIN

I was going to ask my dealer for my cars VIN to check if it's on the Don Pasquale but then I realised they're not in numerical order and life's to short.
I asked my dealer for an update yesterday as my 16 week window expires on Monday - his reply said that the MG system is having its refresh so cannot tell me anything with delivery

I asked my dealer for an update yesterday as my 16 week window expires on Monday - his reply said that the MG system is having its refresh so cannot tell me anything with delivery
Mine is at the dealership but I can’t have it until the 14th because of the system refresh as they can’t register the car 😭

I was going to ask my dealer for my cars VIN to check if it's on the Don Pasquale but then I realised they're not in numerical order and life's to short.
Mine only gave me the last 5 digits of the VIN, and those start with a 3, so mine must've been at Portbury for a while now.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back