New MG4 Shipment?

Every 4 is a booby prize, just the size of the boobies varies.
I'd agree but if I did I'd probably get told to leave the forum again and I'm trying my best to behave and stay positive.

I had an email a couple of weeks go from our dealer in Scotland telling me to expect delivery of our deposit paid late October Camden Grey Trophy sometime towards the end of March. The initial estimate was 13 to 16 weeks. Hmmm. Waited so long now I might as well wait a little longer but confess I am getting frustrated. The MOT on our present car runs out in March and I'm not sure if I want to spend any more money on it. Might start looking at something else.
Update to my post above. I've had a call from my dealer to tell me my car is in the country (Portbury Dock) and will be available for delivery sometime in March (sooner rather than later). Interestingly he mentioned that there were over a hundred cars (orders) outstanding at his dealership but that they expected many of these to be delivered during March. Seems there are quite a lot of cars arriving in the UK this month. However, he also mentioned that delivery of Volcano Orange cars was very delayed and that future delivery times for new orders were now extending out to well beyond the middle of this year.

Update to my post above. I've had a call from my dealer to tell me my car is in the country (Portbury Dock) and will be available for delivery sometime in March (sooner rather than later). Interestingly he mentioned that there were over a hundred cars (orders) outstanding at his dealership but that they expected many of these to be delivered during March. Seems there are quite a lot of cars arriving in the UK this month. However, he also mentioned that delivery of Volcano Orange cars was very delayed and that future delivery times for new orders were now extending out to well beyond the middle of this year.
Which dealer?

However, he also mentioned that delivery of Volcano Orange cars was very delayed and that future delivery times for new orders were now extending out to well beyond the middle of this year.
It seems that MG build in colour batches, for some reason.
The UK has just had a flood of blue cars from them (including my Trophy, which I'm collecting tomorrow).

Hi all, fairly new to this forum and have found it really helpful around shipping times etc so thought i would update on my order.
My dealer emailed me today to confirm my MG4 in grey is on a ship and it should be arriving at the dealer first week of April I placed my order on 17th Jan my dealer is located in Suffolk.
congrates to everyone who picked there’s up for the new 23 reg.

Which dealer?
Parks Irivin. They have been pretty good at keeping us updated and so far I can't fault them. I have the chassis number (VIN?) and they have committed to the price and finance at the time of order which pleases me. The salesman has been proactive and seems to be genuinely interested in the Brand. He did mention (perhaps a little tongue in cheek) that one of their biggest problems was likely to be the logistics of charging nearly 100 vehicles for delivery by end of march. Nice problem to have I think. Now just looking forward to taking ownership of our new car.

its a coating to protect the paint and plastic from the damage from the sun and make car easier to keep clean and more shiney , i do it on all my cars, and on black as it gets more dirty like my honda is more appreciated , (that honda is 7 years old ) look at the gloss in the paint , and the dealer is going to make it for free :).
How do you go about getting your Ceramic Coating done? Is that something the dealership can organise or did you arrange it yourself?

How do you go about getting your Ceramic Coating done? Is that something the dealership can organise or did you arrange it yourself?

Don’t let the dealer do it, a rushed operative won’t do it properly.
Get a local detailing company to do it, if you must ( I wouldn’t bother myself, good cleaning practices do me fine )

Any news on your car yet? Graham seems to have gone quite on mine!!
I phoned Perth MG this afternoon and spoke with Mike as Graham is on holiday until next week. Mike said the ship my car is on is expected in port around March 20th, so I’m guessing that’ll be an April delivery once it goes through PDI. I continue to wait patiently. I didn’t think I’d be waiting over half a year though.

Don’t let the dealer do it, a rushed operative won’t do it properly.
Get a local detailing company to do it, if you must ( I wouldn’t bother myself, good cleaning practices do me fine )
if your dealer is passionate about delivering the best service (cars) they are not gona do a botch job which will reflect badly on the dealership ;) they will want their cars to look the best so they will sell even more .

AA cover (MG Assist) is available for all new MGs. You shouldn't need to ask for it - they should arrange it automatically.
Agreed - I picked mine up yesterday and the AA cover is prearranged, the dealer provided an MG Assistance card as part of the handover. I checked with them afterwards and it is completely automatic.

if your dealer is passionate about delivering the best service (cars) they are not gona do a botch job which will reflect badly on the dealership ;) they will want their cars to look the best so they will sell even more .

Ok you believe that.
I know for a fact dealers give their operatives very little time to apply these things, these guys also have X cars to wash and vacuum every day.
Most customers won’t notice, so no one is harmed and everyone is happy.
Doesn’t change the fact it’s a rush job and it’s not going to be as effective as it should be.

Ok you believe that.
I know for a fact dealers give their operatives very little time to apply these things, these guys also have X cars to wash and vacuum every day.
Doesn’t change the fact it’s a rush job and it’s not going to be as effective as it should be.
To be fair to nexia201 he is probably looking at this from his perspective of dealing with his dealer in Malta, he probably hasn't experienced rushed crap UK service, that seems to have crept in everywhere over the last few years

Ok you believe that.
Not all dealers are like that, many yes, but not all.

I have a order from september in Norway (mg4 luxury, Volcano Orange) and dealer dont know anything about the order when my car is arriving.. if its build or delayed.. NO updates at all..
Is the delay for new orders or all orders in Vulcano Orange?
Every times I call him he dont know nothing. seams like the mission for the dealer is to sell most cars and give the fudge about the customers. in the order it says delivery Q1-23 (end of this month) but I dont think much it will happend since they gonna mount roof-rack, cross-bar and fix coating.

Same for my September order in Norway. Mg 4 luxury red. My dealer has no clue, and I also got q1 delivery. According to the dealer they will inform me when it arrives in Drammen harbour, after that it wil take 3 weeks for preparation and transport.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back