New MG4 Shipment?

Simple answer is Brexit = no HGV drivers.
No HGV drivers due to:
  • traditionally poor pay, undermined by cheap foreign labour before Brexit
  • exodus due to Covid
  • exodus due to Brexit
  • not a valued profession
  • poor working conditions
  • clueless government failing to create a proper strategy

No HGV drivers due to:
  • traditionally poor pay, undermined by cheap foreign labour before Brexit
  • exodus due to Covid
  • exodus due to Brexit
  • not a valued profession
  • poor working conditions
  • clueless government failing to create a proper strategy
Other dealers seem to be getting their cars fine. My car arrived quickly at the dealers, my wifes car (not EV) is at the dealers waiting. If the problem was solely due to the lack of HGV drivers, wouldn't most dealers be affected?

Other dealers seem to be getting their cars fine. My car arrived quickly at the dealers, my wifes car (not EV) is at the dealers waiting. If the problem was solely due to the lack of HGV drivers, wouldn't most dealers be affected?
I didn't say you didn't get yours due to HGV shortage - I was repsonding to EVsince2016 oversimplifying the reason for the HGv shortage.

There have also been port delays due to:
  • Bureacracy
  • Short staffing: due to Covid, Brexit, etc...
  • Strikes
  • PDI retrofits by MG: eg breather kits

Your dealer might also just have been unlucky.

I didn't say you didn't get yours due to HGV shortage - I was repsonding to EVsince2016 oversimplifying the reason for the HGv shortage.

There have also been port delays due to:
  • Bureacracy
  • Short staffing: due to Covid, Brexit, etc...
  • Strikes
  • PDI retrofits by MG: eg breather kits

Your dealer might also just have been unlucky.
Dealer might be unlucky or just small in comparison to the other dealership groups

Just heard my Red Trophy MG4 has been built and is at a Chinese port. Excited! I wonder how long it will now take to reach me?
Mine took about 2.5 months from Shanghai docks to delivery but it's anyone's guess. It depends on how many ports the ship calls in on the way and how long it takes to get a slot on the delivery lorry and how quickly the dealer can do the PDI checks and software updates.

It'll still be quicker than my Red Trophy which is going to be 6 months and 4 days from order to delivery.

Despite mine being at the dealer, I must be the only person in history dissapointed.:rolleyes:
So when i ordered I stated I did not want it until June as that is when my leased car returns. Sales person acknowledged that and put 31st May delivery on the order, yet today I get an email from the same sales person trying to arrange that I pick it up at 4pm this Thursday.
I've stated no. I'l collect at the end of May earliest.

Finally some news! My car is in Drammen, so ETA is now 3 weeks! :D

My dealer also said that it has arrived more MG 4 at Drammen harbour than there was preorders for. So there was available blue, orange and black Luxury(Trophy) cars for 3 weeks delivery time now.

Update from dealer, due to delays in Drammen from the amount of cars that has arrived for preparation my car will arrive some time after easter. And I will be away for some time after easter, so it looks like early may delivery for my september order.

Last edited:
Had the call today, mine is now at the dealers.
Same here😀😀😀😀. Just off the phone to the dealers. My Blue Trophy has just arrived this morning.

I’m collecting it next Wednesday and after waiting for 28 weeks a few more days won’t make any difference.

Just collected mine today a lunchtime. After having some teething issues with the headunit activation its all good now. Really lovely to drive! Have to get the mudflaps, mats, bonnet struts and doorsill protectors on!

20230329_132028.jpg

Undertray looked good too, maybe they have fixed this issue.
20230329_121508.jpg

Just collected mine today a lunchtime. After having some teething issues with the headunit activation its all good now. Really lovely to drive! Have to get the mudflaps, mats, bonnet struts and doorsill protectors on!

View attachment 16400
View attachment 16401
Looking good. If anything there’s the tiniest ‘bubble’ in the undertray, certainly nothing to worry about in any way. I’d say they have it sorted too

View attachment 16400
View attachment 16401
Looking very smart! 😎

Picked mine up today. 6 months and 4 days after ordering, not that I was counting....

Very small undertray bulge, no scratches on rear light bar or any of the black gloss plastic trims and has insulation under the bonnet. I didn't notice the LKA and the battery terminals were tight. Lovely drive home.

1680188647648.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel