New MG4 Shipment?

Picked mine up today. 6 months and 4 days after ordering, not that I was counting....

Very small undertray bulge, no scratches on rear light bar or any of the black gloss plastic trims and has insulation under the bonnet. I didn't notice the LKA and the battery terminals were tight. Lovely drive home.

View attachment 16424
Looks good! Enjoy

Picked mine up today. 6 months and 4 days after ordering, not that I was counting....

Very small undertray bulge, no scratches on rear light bar or any of the black gloss plastic trims and has insulation under the bonnet. I didn't notice the LKA and the battery terminals were tight. Lovely drive home.

View attachment 16424
Hooray, you have it! I do like the red, looks gorgeous. Hope it is a good 'un and that it gives you years of happy motoring!

Just been told that our MG4 (due at dealer on 28th, was in UK January) will be delayed another 2-3 weeks due to many MG4s having minor transit damage.
Doesn’t sound good. Hopefully it’s just superficial and easily fixed.

View attachment 16424
Finally! It’s arrived on your driveway. Glad to hear you enjoyed the drive home. Looks great. 😎

I have a Blue MG4 on order with Octopus EV. Ordered in January, for delivery in April.

Had a odd interaction with Octopus today when checking on it progress. I was first told it was delayed until May becuase it was awaiting a build slot but then the Octopus website starting displaying what my cars reg number was going to be.

When I mentioned this in my email going back and forth to Octopus, the response was "well that's good news".

Surely that means it's build and has a VIN number if they know its reg. I am hoping it's on the Tirranna docking on the 2nd, or it's waiting in Port.

I have a Blue MG4 on order with Octopus EV. Ordered in January, for delivery in April.

Had a odd interaction with Octopus today when checking on it progress. I was first told it was delayed until May becuase it was awaiting a build slot but then the Octopus website starting displaying what my cars reg number was going to be.

When I mentioned this in my email going back and forth to Octopus, the response was "well that's good news".

Surely that means it's build and has a VIN number if they know its reg. I am hoping it's on the Tirranna docking on the 2nd, or it's waiting in Port.
It could be in the UK, I didn’t think they got a Reg until UK soil…not sure though

As Diggsy says, it could well be in the UK, I think they are usually assigned reg numbers here. My order, through Tusker, showed 'Awaiting Build Slot' even though it had arrived in Portbury.

One week and about 230 miles locally on mine.

LKA is extremely mild and not a problem at all.

Though the adaptive cruise can be concerning.

It was tracking a truck in front at 60 when the truck moved sideways into a roadside layby. Even tho it was clearly off the road the car braked unnecessarily down to about 30 mph which could have anyone following think you are a complete ass of a driver - if they havnt hit you.

As Diggsy says, it could well be in the UK, I think they are usually assigned reg numbers here. My order, through Tusker, showed 'Awaiting Build Slot' even though it had arrived in Portbury.
VIN Is welded / stamped into car at manufacturer.

Dealer assigns registration.

I've been driving around town with TJA and LKA and have found it fine, the steering wheel turns with no sudden pulls.

I don't like how every time you reactivate TJA with the steering wheel icon it resets the speed and distance from the car in front to be the maximum. Is there anyway to reactivate based on the previous setting?

I've been driving around town with TJA and LKA and have found it fine, the steering wheel turns with no sudden pulls.

I don't like how every time you reactivate TJA with the steering wheel icon it resets the speed and distance from the car in front to be the maximum. Is there anyway to reactivate based on the previous setting?
Not sure if the following helps:

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 09.29.17.png
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 09.29.23.png

Thanks, I think it's because I accelerate or brake and it cancels the ACC. Then I turn it on by pressing the steering wheel button again. I'll try by pressing up instead (y)

Also noticed LKA is only active when using ACC or TJA, is this normal? Is it meant to be on all the time unless turned off?

Thanks, I think it's because I accelerate or brake and it cancels the ACC. Then I turn it on by pressing the steering wheel button again. I'll try by pressing up instead (y)

Also noticed LKA is only active when using ACC or TJA, is this normal? Is it meant to be on all the time unless turned off?
TBH, not 100% sure, I assumed LKA was always on unless turned off

Accelerating shouldn't disengage ACC/TJA ... unless rapid acceleration does it. (Braking always disengages it). But as said, a tap up of the left joystick should reengage at the previously-set speed.

Distance to car in front always defaults to 3 bars on starting the car, but it is easy to change this by tapping left or right on the left joystick. :)

Jest picked my white SE LR, ordered 30th Oct, exactly as was told on expected delivery. Just had a 30mls fun run & Al seems well, left LKA on just to try it out, deliberately wandered over solid white lines 😱, the corrective pull was a lot less than my Insignia, very happy. Intend doing a 100 mile trip at weekend 🤞😀

Jest picked my white SE LR, ordered 30th Oct, exactly as was told on expected delivery. Just had a 30mls fun run & Al seems well, left LKA on just to try it out, deliberately wandered over solid white lines 😱, the corrective pull was a lot less than my Insignia, very happy. Intend doing a 100 mile trip at weekend 🤞😀
Congrats on the new car Torryhun! Yeah, that’s been my experience with LKA. Perhaps it’s been toned down in recent software updates.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back