New MG4 Shipment?

Accelerating shouldn't disengage ACC/TJA ... unless rapid acceleration does it. (Braking always disengages it). But as said, a tap up of the left joystick should reengage at the previously-set speed.

Distance to car in front always defaults to 3 bars on starting the car, but it is easy to change this by tapping left or right on the left joystick. :)
I have yet to try ACC but will. Does the down action on the left joystick do anything?

Hi guys, new to the group and thanks for having me. Living here in Ireland and have a deposit paid for a MG4 Trophy since early January. Was told by the dealership that I should have my car by April or May but I was attending the SEAI Energy Show in Dublin last week and the MG rep there said I should expect my car no earlier than July! Anybody else heard anything in relation to Irish orders for the 1st half of this year? Getting radio silence from my dealer and thinking about walking away. Cheers

I have yet to try ACC but will. Does the down action on the left joystick do anything?
When ACC is engaged, tapping down reduces the target speed by 5 mph, and tapping up increases it by 5 mph. (Pressing and holding will increase/decrease in 1 mph steps, but it does it with a lag then moves quite quickly. Given that I find the speedo very accurate, I just stick with the 5 mph round numbers ... and if you engage ACC with a speed that isn't a 5 mph increment, up/down will set the target to the nearest 5 mph value - e.g. engage at 47 mph, tap up and the target goes to 50 mph, tap down and it goes to 45 mph).

When ACC is not engaged, tapping down does nothing (as far as I recall).

When ACC is engaged, tapping down reduces the target speed by 5 mph, and tapping up increases it by 5 mph. (Pressing and holding will increase/decrease in 1 mph steps, but it does it with a lag then moves quite quickly. Given that I find the speedo very accurate, I just stick with the 5 mph round numbers ... and if you engage ACC with a speed that isn't a 5 mph increment, up/down will set the target to the nearest 5 mph value - e.g. engage at 47 mph, tap up and the target goes to 50 mph, tap down and it goes to 45 mph).

When ACC is not engaged, tapping down does nothing (as far as I recall).
Really helpful, thank you 🙏

Hi guys, new to the group and thanks for having me. Living here in Ireland and have a deposit paid for a MG4 Trophy since early January. Was told by the dealership that I should have my car by April or May but I was attending the SEAI Energy Show in Dublin last week and the MG rep there said I should expect my car no earlier than July! Anybody else heard anything in relation to Irish orders for the 1st half of this year? Getting radio silence from my dealer and thinking about walking away. Cheers
Keep at the dealer for updates, they’ll be able to see on their system what the current status is - awaiting build slot, built, at sea, at the port, awaiting transport and so on.

It definitely pays to be proactive rather than wait for them to contact you.

Here’s a good thread to keep your eye on: MG4 shipping to Ireland

Did better than me, ordered 20th October Orange LR trophy now told delivery end of June beginning July after been quoted 8 weeks lol!!!
With your situation it makes me think if my dealer is telling me the truth. I placed order on the 1/12/2022 Orange LR and he told me yesterday it was on the ship and should have it by the end of the month.

Just a wee update. MyEnergi support have got back to me and said they will be sending a replacement and that a registered installer will get in touch to arrange a date to fit it. 😃 In the meantime, I get to enter the new world of public charging. 🫣
I’m back up and running! 😃
CEA09EC7-0EF0-4806-B35B-6A52EF8E3ECE.jpeg
665E4820-031F-4FE4-8BC0-A5FE7EC45E63.png

With your situation it makes me think if my dealer is telling me the truth. I placed order on the 1/12/2022 Orange LR and he told me yesterday it was on the ship and should have it by the end of the month.
I'm told that allocation is based on dealer priority, i.e. the more they sell the higher their priority, so they get first pickings etc so the smaller dealer gets the scraps. Obviously mine is no longer top dog. Very unfair system and open to abuse.

Trophy due to dock in today or tomorrow, ordered 01/03/2023 no idea on specifics ie, when built, what ship etc. I was told anything up to 6 months wait from ordering so I was a bit excited and just said thanks bye to the dealer and put the phone down so I could tell my partner lol

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 that I win the MG4 lottery that it’s not a lemon 😂

I better tart up Talulah (the Magane RS) and get her sold 😭 wish it was Karen (the Nissan X-Trail) we were getting rid of but we need her lol

Trophy due to dock in today or tomorrow, ordered 01/03/2023 no idea on specifics ie, when built, what ship etc. I was told anything up to 6 months wait from ordering so I was a bit excited and just said thanks bye to the dealer and put the phone down so I could tell my partner lol

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 that I win the MG4 lottery that it’s not a lemon 😂

I better tart up Talulah (the Magane RS) and get her sold 😭 wish it was Karen (the Nissan X-Trail) we were getting rid of but we need her lol
How on earth did you manage that ??

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 515 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel