New MG4 Shipment?

Ok, noob question. I've had my standard range se for a few weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it. But I thought the se version came with voice assistant, however, the button does nothing and it doesn't respond to hello mg or similar? Is it not included and I have just been looking like a prat trying to talk to my car like a knight rider wannabe?

I thought it did as well, but last time I tried it did nothing. (Works fine with Android Auto though).

It doesn't even bring up Google assistant with Android auto though (the steering wheel button) just wondering if it's totally redundant or not!

I was over the moon on Monday when I was told the car was in the UK and that it will be with the dealership towards the end of the month (December order). So much so I finally ordered the charger in anticipation.

The mixed up messages people on here have had this week has made me worried I’m going to end up disappointed come end of the month…

I've given up enquiring now. I may as well ring my local Tesco and ask them!

I've just had contact from Octopus to tell me my car is now at the dealership and I should be getting a call soon to arrange delivery.

I also received another email telling me my car was in the UK, the third one in two weeks!

Delivery booked for me. 22nd June.

I have just been informed that mine will be delivered on the 23rd. Ordered on 28th January.

So apparently enroute to me, an engine warning light displayed on the dash. My car is at a dealership somewhere whilst the problem is being resolved, and I will now receive it on the 27th.

Last edited:
I had an email from Octopus saying that they've have acquired an MG in the same spec as I ordered and there are a lot of car movements from the ports to dealerships. They also said most of the cars should be with the dealers by the end of this week. So fingers crossed a call for delivery is imminent but not getting my hopes up.

So I guess my original car hasn't even been built yet.

Just got a delivery date of 7th July so at least Octopus got that right.....hopefully now I can stop holding my breath!

I had an email from Octopus saying that they've have acquired an MG in the same spec as I ordered and there are a lot of car movements from the ports to dealerships. They also said most of the cars should be with the dealers by the end of this week. So fingers crossed a call for delivery is imminent but not getting my hopes up.

So I guess my original car hasn't even been built yet.

Just got a delivery date of 7th July so at least Octopus got that right.....hopefully now I can stop holding my breath!

Quote Reply
Report •••

Ha, long story but ordered the ZS EV 19th April 2022 byt changed to MG4 and the order was officially placed 14th Feb, so 2 weeks after you!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back