New MG4 Shipment?

Looking at the above posts, the delivery time would seem to be about 5 months. We ordered ours from a main dealer on 19th May with delivery date of 31st August. That looks optimistic.

I've got so bored and frustrated waiting for mine I've lost a lot of my excitement. Ordered November through Arval salary sacrifice scheme, just had revised delivery estimate after another, should've been delivered yesterday but wasn't. Called them and they in turn called Norton Way who apparently say they have the car but delays with the PDI, got a revised estimate of July 20th blah blah. I've gotten so impatient that I've started tinkering with my Mazda 3 again remapping it and ordered a bigger intercooler for distraction 😭

Contacted the dealer who my Salary Sacrifice was ordered through, the car is with them awaiting approval to ship to me - looking at about 2 weeks to arrive with me.
Ordered Late December - 6.5 month wait here.

I've got so bored and frustrated waiting for mine I've lost a lot of my excitement. Ordered November through Arval salary sacrifice scheme, just had revised delivery estimate after another, should've been delivered yesterday but wasn't. Called them and they in turn called Norton Way who apparently say they have the car but delays with the PDI, got a revised estimate of July 20th blah blah. I've gotten so impatient that I've started tinkering with my Mazda 3 again remapping it and ordered a bigger intercooler for distraction 😭
I felt the same. Lost all excitement. Can't believe you ordered yours in November and still waiting. That's just not good enough. The car I'm getting isn't the one I ordered just one that Octopus got hold of! Complete sh#t show from MG

I've given up trying to understand how this works. I didn't even start contemplating buying an EV until 31st March and drove away in my new car on 13th April. I was talking to another forum member who bought an identical car to mine from the same dealer only a couple of weeks before me, again pretty much walking in off the street and getting it.

I get it that there are special orders, and less easily available specs that some people want, but the discrepancy in waiting times seems ludicrous.

The dealer that my salary sacrifice scheme are using is probably more like 150 miles away, what on earth happens when it needs servicing!

I've given up trying to understand how this works. I didn't even start contemplating buying an EV until 31st March and drove away in my new car on 13th April. I was talking to another forum member who bought an identical car to mine from the same dealer only a couple of weeks before me, again pretty much walking in off the street and getting it.

I get it that there are special orders, and less easily available specs that some people want, but the discrepancy in waiting times seems ludicrous.
As I understand it those that order through a salary sacrifice scheme or PCP don't have a choice of dealers, it depends who the finance company have made the supply contract with. Car manufacturers will supply these car wholesalers with cars at a lower price because they are bulk buying.
The problem is, unlike cash buyers, they aren't flexible with the specification, the customer has to have the model and colour they've ordered.
Cash buyers are also prioritised over salary sacrifice and PCP buyers because it's easy for them to change their mind and go elsewhere.

Call Norton Way directly - they are really helpful (at least they were for me). Gave me a date and stuck to it.

As I understand it those that order through a salary sacrifice scheme or PCP don't have a choice of dealers, it depends who the finance company have made the supply contract with. Car manufacturers will supply these car wholesalers with cars at a lower price because they are bulk buying.
The problem is, unlike cash buyers, they aren't flexible with the specification, the customer has to have the model and colour they've ordered.
Cash buyers are also prioritised over salary sacrifice and PCP buyers because it's easy for them to change their mind and go elsewhere.

I guess I was just lucky. I wanted a blue SE SR and I would have waited for one, at least until November when the Golf's MOT ran out. But after the dealer tried to persuade me to buy a Trophy, then an SE LR, he revealed that he had a blue SE SR sitting out the back ready to be prepped for sale.

Discovered later that someone else on the forum did exactly the same thing at the same dealer about two weeks earlier! We have identical cars. So maybe Macklin Motors of Edinburgh are psychic.

It is the same with leased cars. The leasing companies buy from garages which offer them a good deal.
I used to work for a Hyundai garage delivering mainly Tucson’s which went all over the country. My longest trip was from Worksop to Aberdeen. The person leasing the car had no choice which garage it came from.

I've just ordered a MG4 thru works Salary Sacrifice scheme (run by Novuna). I'm in Cumbria and the dealer is going to be in Stoke ! (Holdcroft Stoke). Hoping I don't have to get it serviced there as there's a MG dealer in Carlisle. Or Holdcroft themselves have a dealer in Warrington which is much closer to me than Stoke

I've just ordered a MG4 thru works Salary Sacrifice scheme (run by Novuna). I'm in Cumbria and the dealer is going to be in Stoke ! (Holdcroft Stoke). Hoping I don't have to get it serviced there as there's a MG dealer in Carlisle. Or Holdcroft themselves have a dealer in Warrington which is much closer to me than Stoke
I would have thought that you could get it serviced in Carlisle. I live in Sheffield but bought my car from a garage in Burnley. I will be taking it to MG in Sheffield for servicing.

By the way who is the MG dealer in Carlisle? I used to live near there.

I ordered mine jan 28th was ready for delivery on 6th June had it booked in for delivery on 20th June. Got a phone call at 5pm night before delivery they have damaged the car, so currently waiting.

Octopus finally told me the dealership is based in Telford. Around 60 miles away, so may be able to collect rather than wait for delivery....
They still reckon it's in the docks though 😞

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel