New MG4 Shipment?

Just thought I'd follow up here post collection.

White Trophy, 2022 spec. Really pleased indeed.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same but my steering wheel isn't straight, it's off centre to the right. Enough that it blocks the view of the left stalk. It's booked into be looked at.

I have R30 on my infotainment but all seems to work as it should.

I stick the lane keep stuff on low sensitivity and alert only and I'm happy with that.

Power is good, efficiency is good, comfort is good. Driving it is fun. Real bargain of a car in its market space.

Overall very pleased.

Indeed. It was driven to me by the dealer around 150 miles. I immediately reported it on delivery.

It doesn't drag when you accelerate or brake hard. I'm not too fussed. It'll get sorted.
Mine is much the same - a little off, but not causing any issues. It’s more a visual thing. I’ll get my dealer to sort when I’m next there… hopefully not before the first service as it’s not really bothering me enough

Run your hand around the tyre side walls and wheel rim checking for bulges or damage just in case it's hit a kerb during transportation.

Just picked up my new Trophy (Brighton Blue according to the data) and I love it. It's unexpectedly had a revision though (the dealer says it's the "My23" edition) and comes with some surprises:
No two tone roof (boo)
Rear wiper (yay)
One pedal mode (yay)
18" wheels (I'm easy)

IMG-20230630-WA0002.jpg

This forum was super helpful in getting me comfortable with buying this model (and an EV in general, this is my first) so I thought I'd register and stick this in here.

Just picked up my new Trophy (Brighton Blue according to the data) and I love it. It's unexpectedly had a revision though (the dealer says it's the "My23" edition) and comes with some surprises:
No two tone roof (boo)
Rear wiper (yay)
One pedal mode (yay)
18" wheels (I'm easy)

View attachment 18641

This forum was super helpful in getting me comfortable with buying this model (and an EV in general, this is my first) so I thought I'd register and stick this in here.
That's looks great and actually, the lack of a black roof doesn't really matter I don't think.

Are those wheels covers or alloys, it's hard to tell.

I do hope MG offer software changes for my22 cars. Such as one pedal mode. It should be easy enough to add at a service.

No two tone roof (boo)
Rear wiper (yay)
One pedal mode (yay)
18" wheels (I'm easy)

View attachment 18641

Very nice. I'm in two minds about the roof but I like the wheels. What size tyres are they?

No two tone roof (boo)
Rear wiper (yay)
One pedal mode (yay)
18" wheels (I'm easy)

View attachment 18641

Yeah mines is Brighton blue also. I am sure I remember ordering a different type of blue. Possibly Holborn? Wonder what the difference is.

Just been told mine is arriving on the 11th... I wonder if it'll be the 22 or 23 version.

I have the Reg, but it doesn't look like it's been registered yet?

I have the Reg, but it doesn't look like it's been registered yet?
That's because the dealer has assigned the VRM to your car (from their allocation) but haven't actually registered the car ... that usually happens on the day of collection, or perhaps the day before.

I'm not far too. Bracknell and getting mine through Octopus as well. Same story, they called me to say they'll update me directly instead of the online tracker as MG's systems were rubbish. They even took off all MGs from their website. Same messages that car is in the UK and finally got a delivery next week with 'they managed to get a same spec car I ordered'. Let's see. Also getting a black Trophy btw
I've seen quite a few MG4s in Farnborough last 2 weeks including a black Trophy! Must if been a BIG shipment
Plot twist - You're both going to go collect the same car! 🤪
God don't say that lol

No two tone roof (boo)
Rear wiper (yay)
One pedal mode (yay)
18" wheels (I'm easy)

View attachment 18641

Looks great!
Do you have infotainment version R40? I see someone on FB got theirs yesterday and said they have R40...
Also, do you have grab handles on the ceiling above the doors? New versions are supposed to come with them I believe, but haven't seen anyone confirm in real life, or in any photos.

Looks great!
Do you have infotainment version R40? I see someone on FB got theirs yesterday and said they have R40...
Also, do you have grab handles on the ceiling above the doors? New versions are supposed to come with them I believe, but haven't seen anyone confirm in real life, or in any photos.
Yes - forgot to mention this but there are short of recessed grips above the front seats and hinged handles above the rear ones.

A whole transporter full of mg4's was outside Glyn Hopkins East London this morning.Mostly trophys I think .mainly blue.couple of white and a red .
Probably not all for that dealer but there's going to be some happy customers next week .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back