New MG4 Shipment?

I got in early, end of August. I assumed there would have been a long queue already, but apparently I'm second in line for an SE SR. So I've got one allocated to me. I think it arrived in country on the 7th. But what's happened to it since then no one knows!
Probably still at the port were mine is lol

My blue SE standard range which was on the Goodwood that docked on 21st October is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on Friday 4th November.😎
Did your dealer tell you that? If not, how do you know?

(Last info from my dealer was they didn't know where my car was ... although I suspect it was on that same boat - the screen in the dealer showed 21-Oct and I suspect that was the boat dock date rather than date expected at the dealer).

(Last info from my dealer was they didn't know where my car was ... although I suspect it was on that same boat - the screen in the dealer showed 21-Oct and I suspect that was the boat dock date rather than date expected at the dealer).
Sorry - should have said that the dealer has just called me to tell me!

I have my car VIN number and I think you've said before that you have yours too. With the VIN number can't the dealer always find out where the car is?

I have my car VIN number and I think you've said before that you have yours too. With the VIN number can't the dealer always find out where the car is?
I'm not sure about that but others have found that it takes about 2-3 weeks from arriving at Bristol dock to arriving at the dealers. I suspect that the dealers have no say or input and it is down to MG to arrange the logistics and I doubt that the dealers get anything until MG tells them. Yes I did get the VIN number while it was on the boat.

I hope a lot of the MG factory workers didnt goto Disney in Shanghai, we will all be waiting even longer for our cars ( If you dont know what I am talking about , check the news :). )

I hope a lot of the MG factory workers didnt goto Disney in Shanghai, we will all be waiting even longer for our cars ( If you dont know what I am talking about , check the news :). )

I think they have been there already to learn about Mickey Mouse fixes, Goofy communication, technology that Disney work and if the gear boxes fail we are all Donald!

Alan

Last edited:
Are we aware of which car transporters are on their way to the UK?
I don’t know of any at the moment - a couple of ships that were recently in Bristol are currently sailing back to the Far East.

This is a link to ship arrivals at Bristol.

Someone else may have further information.

After the information shared on the pod cast, last night. Predicting when your car will arrive sounds a complete lottery.

I’ve just called my dealer for an update.

I’ve got a Grey Trophy on order, and the last update I got was that I’d have one this month (being October). As it’s in the past now I thought best to call.

He said he doesn’t have a definite answer for me as to where the car is, his closest assumption is that MG are holding back the cars from the second batch due to the issues people are having (leaks, software issues).

He thinks they’re keeping them to sort the issues or confirm they don’t have them before sending them (couldn’t confirm whether that was to the country or to the dealer).

He does think that they’ll absolutely be arriving this month though.

I’ve just called my dealer for an update.

I’ve got a Grey Trophy on order, and the last update I got was that I’d have one this month (being October). As it’s in the past now I thought best to call.

He said he doesn’t have a definite answer for me as to where the car is, his closest assumption is that MG are holding back the cars from the second batch due to the issues people are having (leaks, software issues).

He thinks they’re keeping them to sort the issues or confirm they don’t have them before sending them (couldn’t confirm whether that was to the country or to the dealer).

He does think that they’ll absolutely be arriving this month though.

I have the same colour on order, will be interesting to see if/when they arrive.

Does seem the dealerships are not aware of what is going on with deliveries.

I know the Master of a new Stena Line vessel being delivered from China to UK. It is bringing a full cargo of MG cars and SIAC Vans with it. Not sure where they are being discharged but from the picture on Linkedin they all look UK right hand drive . Think it should be docking in a few weeks. I will try and ask him when and where. Picture looks like mainly ZS EV's
CA39E68E-0E6F-4767-B33B-BBEC7E7C3D55_1_201_a.jpeg

I know the Master of a new Stena Line vessel being delivered from China to UK. It is bringing a full cargo of MG cars and SIAC Vans with it. Not sure where they are being discharged but from the picture on Linkedin they all look UK right hand drive . Think it should be docking in a few weeks. I will try and ask him when and where. Picture looks like mainly ZS EV's View attachment 12342
Can you tell us the name of the ship?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel