• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

Cars from the ship that docked last Friday are already being released to dealers. Apparently there's a slight shortage of transporters, but not a huge one.

How do you know that? I have seen nothing that links my name to a car on the MG system, only confirmation that one of the spec concerned has been released to the dealer. It appears just to be their integrity that means that one will be mine at some point.
I was assigned a VIN number on order and the dealer gave me the ship name that the car was on. All they can tell me now is its not there hence my question on where are they storing all these cars lol

I was assigned a VIN number on order and the dealer gave me the ship name that the car was on. All they can tell me now is its not there hence my question on where are they storing all these cars lol
I'm the same as you in that I have a VIN number and the car arrived on a ship a month ago. The car finally arrived at the dealer towards the end of last week, it has the oil leak and is currently awaiting the fitting of the new breather pipe. I'm expecting the call for collection in the next few days :). So hopefully yours will be arriving soon too.

I'm in a similar position - I have the VIN and mine arrived on the ship that docked 21-Oct. I was advised last week that it had arrived at another branch of the dealer group (as expected) and was to be transported to my dealer branch. Since then no further news.

Update: car has arrived at my dealer branch, and I'll be collecting it on Friday! :)

Last edited:
Do you want to get hold of an MG4 sooner rather than later? I ordered a blue standard range MG4 a couple of weeks ago and was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks to arrive. Yesterday we happened to see 3 new standard range MG4s in our local dealers showroom. When we asked about them they said 2 of them were available - a red one and white one. So we decided to pay the £700 extra and go for the red (as we hate white!!) So if you are prepared to be flexible on colour then keep an eye on your local dealer or have a word with the sales person.

Collected ours today

mg4.jpg

congrats! just out of interest when did you order yours? my 16 week potential wait finishes on Boxing Day so I'm living in hopes for a nice Christmas present (not holding my breath though...)

Ordered mine on 29 September with a 31 January delivery but had a message a couple of weeks ago saying it would be December but nothing since.
Perhaps someone somewhere is dealing with the faults and updates before setting them free.

Perhaps someone somewhere is dealing with the faults and updates before setting them free.
It would probably be better if MG were to do just that before handing over the cars to customers. No one wants to pick up a car and discover oil leaks, tray bulges etc and have to go through the stress of a warranty claim. There are no doubt customers out there blissfully unaware of the issues, especially if they aren't on the forums, who may otherwise be in for a bit of stress if their car is delivered with faults.

it was a “we’ve got this car arriving definitely maybe probably in December do you want it” kinda phone call
I had a similar experience when I placed my order for a Grey SE SR, told would be first week of December... Ish 🤣

As its a stock allocation they said 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ordered Red trophy 24th September, initial 'expectation' was around Xmas, told 2 weeks ago, mid Jan. Dont really mind waiting as it could arrive fixes and software updates :). Think we picked the wrong colour and model if we wanted it sooner :).

Plus by then we will have our charge box installed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back