• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

Judging by the issues still being reported I think it's safe to say some dealers still aren't bothering

That's what is concerning me. With all those cars to get PDI'd for customers justifiably impatient to get their car, how can we be sure ALL aspects of the PDI are performed properly and not rushed through?
We can’t and they probably will be rushed, so best to get your dealer to check and thoroughly check what you can on collection.

That's what is concerning me. With all those cars to get PDI'd for customers justifiably impatient to get their car, how can we be sure ALL aspects of the PDI are performed properly and not rushed through?

We can’t and they probably will be rushed, so best to get your dealer to check and thoroughly check what you can on collection.

What does the PDI actually entail?

Just interested as mine came with the warped undertray and without being charged to 100%. Even the wheel trims had been fitted over the (surface) corrosion on the stub axles and hubs. With hindsight they should have been red flags but I was too keen to take delivery.

After chasing the dealer again about our MG4 they are now saying the car is somewhere in the UK. Just happens to arrived after I have said I am thinking of cancelling because of customer service they are giving.

After chasing the dealer again about our MG4 they are now saying the car is somewhere in the UK. Just happens to arrived after I have said I am thinking of cancelling because of customer service they are giving.
Just coincidence.
Coincidence: The act of things happening just in time to avoid a 🤬 up

Still thinking of telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine. For me , customer service is key. If I ran a dealership I would make sure all customers were given an update even if there was no change. Some Dealers need to get better. Sign an order and sod off attitude really gets my back up. When I go in they get told 'bullshit me and I walk'.

Still thinking of telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine. For me , customer service is key. If I ran a dealership I would make sure all customers were given an update even if there was no change. Some Dealers need to get better. Sign an order and sod off attitude really gets my back up. When I go in they get told 'bullsh*t me and I walk'.
Must give a shout out to my dealer Brad at cars 2 in Barnsley - he said he would and he is up to now giving me monthly updates
Not the updates I’m wanting mind you…

Must give a shout out to my dealer Brad at cars 2 in Barnsley - he said he would and he is up to now giving me monthly updates
Really good when you can't complain about their service though. Only MG messing it up for you then.
Went to dealership today to try and arrange a test drive for my missus and the sales exec kind of said no as I had already had a test drive.

I found it shocking, he said their demonstrators were on the go constantly and I had already had a test drive. I politely acknowledged and left. Such a shame as the only thing stopping me from cancelling the order is getting her in the seat which I know she'll like after experiencing it.

At the moment she's not too keen, I'm the one that's been pushing for the MG4 and she doesn't even know of all these issues. When we initially made a comparison of our options she said if the volvo has issues it's a more reputable company and she will feel more confident about the issues being resolved without qualms than MG.

She may just have been on to something.

Lucky you, he has not rung me yet. Had to chase everytime. Not impressed at all. Ordered mine with Brad. Might have been a second car ordered if they would follow up on communication

Really good when you can't complain about their service though. Only MG messing it up for you then.
Went to dealership today to try and arrange a test drive for my missus and the sales exec kind of said no as I had already had a test drive.

I found it shocking, he said their demonstrators were on the go constantly and I had already had a test drive. I politely acknowledged and left. Such a shame as the only thing stopping me from cancelling the order is getting her in the seat which I know she'll like after experiencing it.

At the moment she's not too keen, I'm the one that's been pushing for the MG4 and she doesn't even know of all these issues. When we initially made a comparison of our options she said if the volvo has issues it's a more reputable company and she will feel more confident about the issues being resolved without qualms than MG.

She may just have been on to something.
I would suggest you go to another dealer if they will not let her test drive, we had a test drive about 4 weeks ago, found out that we now wont be getting car till end of Jan instead of xmas, have asked for another drive and there has been no issue ( this is down to the random massive batch of cars produced for launch.)
As far expecting any better from Volvo , sorry to burst a bubble, look back at how all the manufacturers bury their head in the sand if there are issues and leave the dealers hanging to get the grief from customers and all manufacturers have bad / poor dealerships on the plus side here, there is feedback that MG are responding to these early teething problems and trying to sort out as quickly as they able to .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back