New MG4 Shipment?

A campign update refers to a "service campaign" - ie planned updates that they do to all new cars and existing ones when they come in with an issue or at the next service. The updates can be software and also mechanical part replacements.

This is dealer speak for "something expected that we have seen before".

Hopefully that means the fix is simple.

A campign update refers to a "service campaign" - ie planned updates that they do to all new cars and existing ones when they come in with an issue or at the next service. The updates can be software and also mechanical part replacements.

This is dealer speak for "something expected that we have seen before".

Hopefully that means the fix is simple.
Glad the engine light was spotted then by the delivery driver then.

Out of interest - why do you need to know the vin?
Well, in my situation (The Netherlands) the VIN has to be coupled to the licence plates registry, issued by the Netherlands Vehicle Authority. No VIN, no licence plates!

We have a dutch forum with basically the same vague issues about delivery you guys are reporting.
As a fellow Dutchman, waiting for an MG4 delivery, can you give me the details of this Dutch MG forum?
Thanks

Yes, at least they have been doing some checks.
Another update (glad the dealership is so responsive), the campaign update is in relation to a map screen issue, they hope to have it fixed by Monday as they know the route of the issue. I've asked why that would cause an engine light.

To me it sounds similar to what is being discussed here: R33 update. What does it improve?

Engine: a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion.

So if I was being pedantic EVs do have an engine, but I'm not, so you are right 🤣

Not just you on this one.

Ordered SE SR last week of Dec, and was also told May.
Had an update start of this week now telling me late July.

Thought I was alone with the date being kicked so far…
I ordered mine at the end of October 22 with a date of Feb 23, it’s now been moved to at least May - July. I’ve been told the dealers don’t even know if it’s built yet.

I ordered mine at the end of October 22 with a date of Feb 23, it’s now been moved to at least May - July. I’ve been told the dealers don’t even know if it’s built yet.
I am in the same boat here. Ordered 30th October, Was told mid Feb, Now mid May however I know now that's not happening as it hasn't even got a build slot yet.

Luckily I said I would like to have it for the kids school holidays as my only target so here is hoping.

I wonder why when you look at Auto Trader they are adverts from dealers saying brand new cars in stock. Are these cancelled orders?

I know the dealership near me has a Grey Trophy which is what I think will be what I go for in stock as brand new. I’m just not at that stage yet for purchasing. I think the earliest will be September and more than likely next March before I make the move. With the hope that a lot of the initial niggles have been sorted.

Looking at YouTube there are lots of good reviews about the car though especially for the money.

I ordered mine through a work salary sacrifice scheme on 28/02 - I was told last week it was on a boat and will be arriving in the UK around 05/05 and delivery by end May. I think its on the Galaxy Ace which is due to dock in Portbury on 01/05.

I wonder why when you look at Auto Trader they are adverts from dealers saying brand new cars in stock. Are these cancelled orders?

I know the dealership near me has a Grey Trophy which is what I think will be what I go for in stock as brand new. I’m just not at that stage yet for purchasing. I think the earliest will be September and more than likely next March before I make the move. With the hope that a lot of the initial niggles have been sorted.

Looking at YouTube there are lots of good reviews about the car though especially for the money.
I think some dealers just have cars in stock now, they are not all cancelled orders.
Some of the autotrader stuff is just click bait though

Last edited:
Ordered mine 23rd Feb told 16 weeks so 23rd June, got call 15th April they have blue trophy from another dealer that just arrived so 8week wait.....some are cancelled orders sure but a lot are where dealers anticipated they would sell them and so rather than waiting for customers to go and pre order they ordered them anyway, if you go to a large dealer network like mg Stoneacre the dealer will call around as mine did. With the used car market now stabilising and prices falling best selling sooner than later!

I am in the same boat here. Ordered 30th October, Was told mid Feb, Now mid May however I know now that's not happening as it hasn't even got a build slot yet.

Luckily I said I would like to have it for the kids school holidays as my only target so here is hoping.
The whole notification system they use seems to be a bit hit and miss. I'm getting mine through a salary sacrifice scheme and the lease company haven't been great, I've got all my updates through the supplying dealer.

I ordered at the beginning on Nov with a Feb due date, that went to March, then early April, late April then mid May, spoke to the dealer a week ago and found out that it would be at the dealership on 22nd April with a pickup of 5-7 days later.

Since around late March/early April, when I log in to the lease company it just shows released from factory and just checking it still does even though it's been in Bristol since the 3rd April

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back