New MY23 Changes (wheels/roof/one pedal driving/rear centre headrest & new rear wiper!)

lsb777

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Good news if (like me) you're waiting for a MY23. Please see below for details on which models are affected.

Source is a nationwide dealer.

MG4 MY23 pic1.png
MG4 MY23 pic2.png

I'm currently waiting on my SE SR, due end of this month. Is there a way to know if my car will be an MY23 or a previous version? (Apologies if this is a silly question or has been answered elsewhere)

Like a few others have mentioned about the revisions to the model range, hopefully some of these new (software obviously) additions are added to current cars. Non software things, well that's just annoying that many of us have just missed out on having them!

I have a 23 plate Trophy car, delivered in April (order placed in Feb this year). Bit annoying that in a matter of 2 months or so they have updated the newest cars with these useful features. Don't forget the rest of us eh MG! A new customers only approach won't win good standing with the existing base in the long term..

Mine's due in early Sept fingers crossed, not crazy about the new wheel covers and will definitely get the roof wrapped as really liked the black roof when first ordering the car. One pedal driving is a nice touch though

Like a few others have mentioned about the revisions to the model range, hopefully some of these new (software obviously) additions are added to current cars. Non software things, well that's just annoying that many of us have just missed out on having them!

I have a 23 plate Trophy car, delivered in April (order placed in Feb this year). Bit annoying that in a matter of 2 months or so they have updated the newest cars with these useful features. Don't forget the rest of us eh MG! A new customers only approach won't win good standing with the existing base in the long term..
Yeah I’m the same got mine on the 13th of June. I would have waited if I had known and requested a phase 2 car

I'm currently waiting on my SE SR, due end of this month. Is there a way to know if my car will be an MY23 or a previous version? (Apologies if this is a silly question or has been answered elsewhere)
Check with your dealership or leasing company for an update. When I ordered on Tusker it clearly stated 18" Wheel version and the other changes have come to light since. MG slightly changed their online brochure to say the black roof only available on dealer stock vehicles.

I ordered a grey Trophy from Tusker in early May from a batch due early June. No indication of MY23 spec at that time. They faffed a bit, failed to request approval from my work initially and had to chase up for updates.
Checked their website yesterday and on Monday they’d updated with reg number and preparing deliverly status (whoop!). Call from Perreys today to arrange delivery next week (yay!).
So, will I get an MY23? I suppose I can call Perreys back to find out, but will be pleased if I do. I prefer the new wheels and not fussed about the roof change too much. Rear wiper 50/50. One pedal driving would be a bonus though! Think getting the 22 spec now I know there’s a 23 might take the shine off a tad, but it’s all relative.
I originally ordered a lease in December but cancelled when I started my new job and had a better option with Tusker. It’s been a hard wait.

I also ordered thru Tusker as a factory order, rather than the "In Stock/Coming Soon" and originally they cancelled the order, so when I could re-order the specs then showed 18" wheels - might be worth checking in My Account as it should either show 17" or 18" (which will be MY23). Perrys are the ones that gave me the pics today about the changes and they've advised my car should get to them 6th Sept.

Nice
  • Less comfort ride because bigger wheel alloy.
  • More ugly and more expensive thanks to rear whiper
  • 3rd headrest increasing costprice even more, while leaving you with absolutly no rear view, even if you have whipers
  • No more black roof, now the orange car is just cheap looking.

They could have add a 2nd chargeport, a frunk, better interior light, or something else everyone would like. but this is just no improvement at all.

Agree, I ordered mine last December and collected it late April this year.
However, I prefer the 17 design over the 18 and very much like the black roof.
As for the middle headrest and rear wiper, I can only see the headrest impeding your rear view and the rear wiper clearing a small central area potentially blocked by the new headrest anyway. So won't lose any sleep about those

One pedal driving. Hopefully just a software / firmware update which we can ALL enjoy in future. 🤞

As much as the new features are nice, the MY23 models are following a £1500/€2000 price increase. (Some people who ordered before the price increase seem to have gotten the MY23 model delivered by luck).

For me, the rear headrest is utterly useless, and would be removed ASAP to improve visibility. The rear wiper isn't needed. Roof colour I don't care about.
One-pedal driving should in theory be able to be applied to older models.
The aero covers are nicer, and 18in wheels probably look better, but not for €2000. I think i'd just prefer to get some nicer new alloys and better tyres for that price....

There’s nothing in my Tusker account about the wheels. I sort of remember having to select 17” at the time, but nothing now.
Seems to be all the new deliveries are MY23 though. If you’re buying from stock there are still 22 to be had.
I’ll call and check tomorrow

Nice
  • 3rd headrest increasing costprice even more, while leaving you with absolutly no rear view, even if you have whipers

They could have add a 2nd chargeport, a frunk, better interior light, or something else everyone would like. but this is just no improvement at all.
Fair enough, you can't please everyone.

Ride comfort usually more due to lower profile tyres rather than alloy wheel size.

Lots of people on forums were saying they'd prefer a rear wiper, so maybe SAIC took feedback on board.

If 3rd headrest is removable, job done.

If black roof is important, there are plenty of MY22 available.

There’s nothing in my Tusker account about the wheels. I sort of remember having to select 17” at the time, but nothing now.
Seems to be all the new deliveries are MY23 though. If you’re buying from stock there are still 22 to be had.
I’ll call and check tomorrow
Which model did you order as only the Trophy will have the 18" wheels.

Nice

Manufacurers at the moment seem to have the knack of removing all the features I like and charging me more for the privelidge! Still, helps me make my mind up

Yes, thanks. I missed the word "affected" from my sentence. As in the lower the profile, the more the ride comfort is affected. With the budget MG are using, I don't think they'll be using very low profile tyres anyway apart from the X-Power.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back