New MY23 Changes (wheels/roof/one pedal driving/rear centre headrest & new rear wiper!)

In my previous cars with auto wipers, I've always had them switched off until it starts to rain, so I would be expecting them not to come on in your scenario and give the screen a quick single wipe or turn them on.
I always found auto wipers a bit random TBH and much prefer intermittent.
Ditto. I've only had one car with auto wipers and was forever grumbling about wanting intermittent wipers as on the MG so that they behaved as expected. I only used the auto wipers when it wasn't raining hard enough for full wipers on, so basically using them as intermittent wipers. The problem was that they were so inconsistent in when they would come on, often leaving me to peer through a load of rain before they started. I too much prefer intermittent wipers.

I like my SE Sr with no rear wiper. Looks smoother and that's it.

I find I don't need the wiper, not really, and the main problem is stopping my hand from going reflexively to the place on the stalk where the rear wiper control was on my previous car. Yes, I'm looking through raindrops sometimes, but the upside of that is that I'm looking through the entire back windscreen, not focussing only on a teeny wee semicircle a wiper has smoothed out.

The new Essence 64 in Australia & NZ (Trophy in the UK) has a black roof. While it looks nice the heat here means the aircon is going to have to work harder. Why it was deleted in the UK where this is not so much of an issue is beyond my comprehension.

I absolutely hate auto rain sensing wipers. They either come on when they shouldn't smearing gritty dust all over the windscreen when 3 drops of rain have been detected or don't come on when there is a sudden downpour. I've never driven a car where they work properly all the time.

The Bridgestone Turanza 235/45 R18 98W tyres are so new here they are yet to be stocked by anyone. It is not surprising that the ride is a bit harder as each tyre has a 98 (750kg) load rating and W speed rating (270kMH, 168MPH) which is way more than really required but provides a wide safety margin.

My problem is getting used to the European location of wipers/indicator stalks which are back to front from my previous Japanese sourced cars.

I can't comment about the rear wiper as it hasn't rained since I bought the car 5 weeks ago but I have had one on every hatch I've owned for the past 30 years.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back