Not how I thought today was going to pan out...

First long distance trip today, and it appears that half my battery up and left.

57 miles I got before the low battery warning kicked in. Even at 2.7 mi/kWh, that's way short. Battery only took 21 kWh to get back to over 80%

Last edited by a moderator:
First long distance trip today, and it appears that half my battery up and left.

57 miles I got before the low battery warning kicked in. Even at 2.7 m/kWh, that's way short. Battery only took 21kW to get back to over 80%
Hmm

So iirc warning comes on at 25% ?

If so, 25 to 80% is 55% , of a 44.5 kWh battery is 24.475 kWh...

So your 21kWh not too far off ?

57 miles I got before the low battery warning kicked in. Even at 2.7 m/kWh, that's way short. Battery only took 21kW to get back to over 80%
For 20kWh I get over 60 miles daily driving at night heater on and it shows about 25% battery gone.

Edit sorry I forgot you have gen1 that info is a bit useless to you

Very strange.

Was a journey I've done many times over the last few years, which ordinarily would require a small top up charge en route, and a full charge once home (right around the 150 mile mark). Today I had to stop halfway there to get topped back up to 80%, a minor top up at the destination, another long stop to get back up to 80%, and it's now on charge again having got home just before the low battery warning came on.

Very strange.

Was a journey I've done many times over the last few years, which ordinarily would require a small top up charge en route, and a full charge once home (right around the 150 mile mark). Today I had to stop halfway there to get topped back up to 80%, a minor top up at the destination, another long stop to get back up to 80%, and it's now on charge again having got home just before the low battery warning came on.
It is still quite cold out?

Not the warmest, but I did the same journey multiple times last year from around the same time of year, through similar temps. I'll see how it pans out over the next few days.
I know (think) you're up north but this time last year was quite a bit warmer down here quite a few 17°C, 18°C; just looked parts of Scotland where are lot warmer last year seeing 18°C in March 2022.

When I finally remembered where I stored my obd reader (old age is creeping up) I'm now seeing around 0.25 volt difference between max and min cells. Previously the normal difference was a tenth of that. Taking a long time to balance out.

Well....this is a thread I really hoped to never resurrect...

Driving home from a friend's house, and it's done it again

Oh yeah, and once again, MG Linwood haven't put the car back on the AA Assistance list after the service and MOT in October, despite me specifically asking if they'd remembered to do it this time.
😡😡😡
1000019695.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear, middle of the night too! Hard times!
did you sort the problem last year?

How did you get the car recovered ?.
The dealer is at fault for not renewing the MG Assistance of course !.
I have leant to call MG Assistance ( A.A. ) about two weeks after a service has been carried out, to ensure the car is on their data base.
It’s my OCD kicking in I guess.

I give up.

AA agreed to recover the car to Rutherglen, but because the driver was delayed, he had to phone and confirm they'd be OK with the handover being after the service department closes. They then inform him that the waiting time to even look at it is the end of April, and I may be better off looking at other places to take it.

And having just phoned around all the Arnold Clarks that are MG service centres, they're all worse 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
How did you get the car recovered ?.
The dealer is at fault for not renewing the MG Assistance of course !.
I have leant to call MG Assistance ( A.A. ) about two weeks after a service has been carried out, to ensure the car is on their data base.
It’s my OCD kicking in I guess.
This is good advice - I had my car serviced in November, and when I called the AA some weeks later, my car wasn’t on their system.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to talk to anyone at the garage, one can only leave a message. A further wait, and it still wasn’t done. I drove to the dealership, and was astonished to be told that I hadn’t shown up for the service!! There was nothing on their computer. I was asked to scan and email the service details, which I did, as soon as I got home. Still nothing happened.

Another visit to the dealership, together with the paperwork, and finally the necessary registration was completed earlier this month (February).

If I hadn’t taken out a service plan, I would definitely go elsewhere.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom