OBD Data

The 64kWh NMC pack has a usable capacity of 61.7kWh ... that's 2.3kWh of buffer, which is what degrades first hence SOH can remain at or near "100%" for longer. That's also partly why LFP packs seem to degrade more in the first year, as there is very little buffer. :)

That's kinda where my thoughts are leading me if the obd data is correct. I'm getting quite geeky to the point where I'm looking forward to a service so I can get a thorough SoH check so as to see how charging in a way that suits my needs best truly affects it. This car is a salary sacrifice and has/is being used for me to test the EV world out and all going well I'll buy a second hand one next time if I can get an accurate SoH figure myself before any purchase.

I installed car scanner last night and connected to my car. Surprisingly my battery SoH is showing as 100% but I'm dubious as to the accuracy, I'm 6000 miles in, only a few rapid charges but I do do perform deeper charging cycles ( down to 20% then charge to 90% ) for my own ease which isn't the best way to care for the battery, so I'd realistically expect some SoH drop by now. Has anyone else with the NMC battery running this software recorded anything less than 100% SoH yet?

Does car scanner work on IOS by any chance ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back