POLL : MG4 Xpower Steering Vibration

Does your MG4 Xpower suffer from Steering vibration when cruising around 66-70mph

• Yes my Xpower suffers from this steering vibration

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No my Xpower does not suffer from this

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yes I would want an official MG fix

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No I wouldn't want an official MG fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tusker leasing booked it in with MG near Brighton, who then have apparently cancelled it. My fault probably as I called them and then they assumed no fix yet so no point. Might ask Tusker if I can get Kwik-Fit to re-balance whilst waiting for an official MG UK response.

Wheels have been balanced before on early X POWERs in China to no avail.

I was tempted when I first got mine because it is exactly like a wheel out of balance, but after hearing it had already been done, abandoned the exercise.

Got the XPower on Tuesday but took it on the A19 today whilst travelling to work and definitely getting a vibration which goes from pedal to steering wheel....hoping that this is something MG will fix sooner rather than later.

Got the XPower on Tuesday but took it on the A19 today whilst travelling to work and definitely getting a vibration which goes from pedal to steering wheel....hoping that this is something MG will fix sooner rather than later.
Email your dealer and MG UK Customer Services and tell them you have the fault and ask them what they are going to do👍

[email protected]

I presume you have now voted 🙂 as it seems to have gone up 1 👌

For those voting please note the wording above the poll.

Does your MG4 Xpower suffer from Steering vibration when cruising around 66-70mph.​

You can change/edit your vote if you do actually experience this fault later on at the stated cruising speed.

Ive just not been travelling on motorways at all yet, just mostly rough rural roads.
Yesterdays post ??

Ive been cruising at those speeds, but havent noticed the issue.
Todays post ??

Which one is it really ?😁😉

As you are from NZ you are due a free replacement steering damper for the issue. Are you getting this ?

Todays post ??

Which one is it really ?😁😉

As you are from NZ you are due a free replacement steering damper for the issue. Are you getting this ?

Let me clarify -
I drive on rural roads where I live, cruising around 110km/h.
These are not well maintained flat highways.
They are rough, potholed, rural roads.
I have not noticed the issue.
But its possibly because of the rough roads and tire noise ?
Its also possible that my car simply doesnt have the issue.

Dealer said the replacement parts are on order.

Just to repeat what Miles has told me:
  • MG pay no attention to forums or polls.
  • It is only by reporting through UK dealers that this will get investigated, approaching MG UK directly won't help.

Remember the MG operations in different countries are completely separate businesses, there's no relationship between MG Australia and MG UK.

Just because MG Australia has decided to do something does not mean MG UK will make the same decision.

I read about the issue on the forum. Mentioned it to the dealer when I picked up the car. He seemed well aware of the issue - maybe because MG Australia has notified the dealers ? But maybe because the info is out there, and potential buyers are reading about it and wont want to buy the car without a resolution on the way ? He said it was a problem more noticeable in countries with good roads, but yeah, MG Aus/NZ committed to fixing it. Nothing new there I guess … but good luck, hopefully the UK dealers see sense and commit to rectifying it

Just because MG Australia has decided to do something does not mean MG UK will make the same decision.
Thanks for your post and that is the same message I’m getting from MG UK Ltd who are distancing themselves from MG Australia.

However it is the same car, built by the same factory and if MG Australia feel the fault is severe enough to require fixing before any more Xpowers are sold then you have to question why they would do that. The fix appears to be revised steering dampers.

I think that gives us (Xpower owners) in the UK enough concern to request the same fix, as virtually all of us are experiencing the steering vibration at the 66-70mph range when cruising.

It’s a shame MG UK haven’t even talked to MG Australia to find out more about their findings and why they decided to halt deliveries until the fix was installed.

In the UK we must obviously now all indivudually harass our dealers about the fault and not accept any answer that doesn’t provide the fix.

Perhaps we should also now make our own UK motoring press aware of the fault and the difference in treatment between Australian owners and UK owners.

Apologies if I've missed the info, but has anyone re-balanced all 4 wheels to see if that helps? Mine booked in with MG on 28th Dec and I'll be asking this question first (especially if the news from Aus/NZ is correct)

Car has been in MG garage for a day & a bit for steering vibration and brake squeal. They say they found the steering issue was balancing and have re-balanced & road tested and all ok. Plus adjusted and lubed brakes but advised me that need to use actual brakes more to ensure future problems avoided through lack of use with OPD etc.

I drove approx 90 miles after on m/ways although a lot was <65mph due to traffic but it did seem to be little better on the vibration but don't think it's gone completely, although the M25 not a great road surface and there will still be an amount of road noise from the tyres anyway. In fairness, MG did say the balancing was out but I need to confirm they've done all 4 tyres as it's not clear from the paperwork.

Let me clarify -
I drive on rural roads where I live, cruising around 110km/h.
These are not well maintained flat highways.
They are rough, potholed, rural roads.
I have not noticed the issue.
But its possibly because of the rough roads and tire noise ?
Its also possible that my car simply doesnt have the issue.

Dealer said the replacement parts are on order.
Right - drove on Auckland motorway yesterday. Can now confirm - definitely have this issue, doing about 109-110kph !
Amazing, its not noticeable on “b” roads. But very noticeable on smooth motorways.

Why should this issue be limited to the Xpower ? My Extended Range suffers from the issue. And other with 64kwh Luxury report the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom