Poll: What’s your favourite colour MG4?

What’s your favourite colour?

• Total voters
Interesting results on the poll. Orange and red are clear favourites and now tie for lead (with red ahead for most of the poll). Grey and blue a ways behind but still with a good following.

It'd be interesting to see how many owners bought their favourite colour of settled for something else either due to impatience or financial reasons.

I waited 6 months for the colour I wanted and was happy to pay the extra.

Ignore the ‘metallic’ the only metallics here are grey and silver

I don't know, I thought the same at first after seeing them in the showroom or in drab wet weather, but when we went to sign for our car there was a red one parked out in the full sun. And it almost looked a little metallic.

I found it too "maroon" for my liking though.

Meanwhile I'm glad our orange is the flat one, it's exactly what we wanted. Having ordered based off early UK reviews, I was very worried when they started advertising the "golden bronze" looking car on the website. That was definitely not what we wanted.

Another plus: the orange of NSW custom number plates almost perfectly matches.

I was just glad for some brighter options after all the other EV brands seem to have decided we don't like colour in Australia.

From the web (and my memory), the MG4 available colours in the UK are (and I don't believe there are any alternative names for exactly those colours - save possibly Brighton Blue):

• ARCTIC WHITE.
  • HOLBORN BLUE.
  • PEARL BLACK.
  • CAMDEN GREY.
  • DYNAMIC RED.
  • VOLCANO ORANGE

It'd be interesting to see how many owners bought their favourite colour of settled for something else either due to impatience or financial reasons.

I was torn between orange and red, but I was buying an in stock car because I don't like waiting and only had a choice of orange or blue, so that made my mind up for me.

CAMDEN GREY appears in my iSmart app as ANDES GREY (which is what it is known as in the EU).

I wanted the blue and told the dealer I'd be prepared to wait for it, as the Golf was taxed until the end of August and MOTed until late November. After trying and failing to persuade me to go for first the Trophy and then the LR, he fessed up that he had a blue SE SR out the back waiting to be prepared for sale. I collected it five days later.

This is the car in the "runaway EV" story that's all over the gutter press today. It's a ZS. This is the colour I thought was "Brixton Blue". Anybody know what it's actually called, if it's not that?

1696427345422.png

I don't know, I thought the same at first after seeing them in the showroom or in drab wet weather, but when we went to sign for our car there was a red one parked out in the full sun. And it almost looked a little metallic.

I found it too "maroon" for my liking though.

Meanwhile I'm glad our orange is the flat one, it's exactly what we wanted. Having ordered based off early UK reviews, I was very worried when they started advertising the "golden bronze" looking car on the website. That was definitely not what we wanted.

Another plus: the orange of NSW custom number plates almost perfectly matches.

I was just glad for some brighter options after all the other EV brands seem to have decided we don't like colour in Australia.
There are very few non-monochrome cars in Hobart too. Of either stripe.

I haven’t seen the red. I usually don’t go much on them but I quite like the dark red the Mazdas have. The Mazda styling might have something to do with it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back